• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squires Gate (A)

Really disappointed we haven’t kicked on from last season. No one really brought in except Beadle and it’s now clear what a big loss Meadowcroft and Parker are.

Reactions: Ben
Really disappointed we haven’t kicked on from last season. No one really brought in except Beadle and it’s now clear what a big loss Meadowcroft and Parker are.

This has been the main disappointment.

Last year we took a big step forward with the cup runs and the attention that brought to the cup. It’s a shame we haven’t capitalised on this interest

And Gregg. His command of the area (particularly high balls) and general distribution are missed.

Diabolical performance. Nothing up front. Defence a shambles. Won’t mention the goalkeeping might make me swear.
And I don’t want to hear any more comments about its early days. Wouldn’t be so bad if I could see some improvement on the horizon. Many more performances like that and it’ll be relegation we will be discussing.
Lastly S G ‘s manager should wash his mouth out and not insult our fans. He was obnoxious.

Just got home.
Well that was disappointing wasn’t it?
Can’t help feeling sorry for our defence. The style of football our management insist on the team playing puts so much pressure on them. There’s no respite at all, as the midfield/forward line just aren’t holding the ball up, possession seems to be conceded very quickly, and back it comes.

Worrying times indeed.

I’m glad congleton have an FA cup game and we have a free weekend. It gives 2 weeks to rethink and sort it out.

Very worrying times! :(

Out of the cup, already 10 points adrift of the only promotion place and only one point above the relegation spot, and having watched 7 of the 8 games so far, im afraid we are exactly where we deserve to be!
Average looking teams like Burscough, Abbey Hey, Padiham and Whitchurch have worked as a team and made us look ....well, below average!
Yes its early days, but another month like the last and an early vase exit and the season could be over before its begun, and then whats going to tempt people to come out on a cold wet Tuesday night in the winter months!
Said early on we re-signed too many players from last year that wouldn't improve us and seen nothing yet to say different.
Very much in a rut!
Something has to improve and fast!! :oops:

Last edited:
enough is enough now if players r not performing get players in who will were supposed to be moving forward not backwards fans travelling everywhere to watch rubbish or is it the management that's not performing something needs to change

on the forum a while ago it was asked if the management had contacts in the circle of football that we play in. I think the answer has to be no - look who we have brought in and where they came from.
Someone new has to come in - at what level I don't know.
Streety certainly had the contacts - bring someone like him as a kind of director of football (no not as manager)

Lastly S G ‘s manager should wash his mouth out and not insult our fans. He was obnoxious.
Was that after the match finished? I was stood quite close to him for the whole game and heard no insults from him. He was not happy with some of our tackling and disagreed with many ref's decisions (some of which i could sympathise with, but not many). In fact he seemed ok to me - much better than previous SG Managers.

By the way I think Paul B is a massive asset and I would not like him to go anywhere

on the forum a while ago it was asked if the management had contacts in the circle of football that we play in. I think the answer has to be no - look who we have brought in and where they came from.
Someone new has to come in - at what level I don't know.
Streety certainly had the contacts - bring someone like him as a kind of director of football (no not as manager)

I completely agree with this. The further down the football pyramid you go, I think it becomes more and more important to have contacts, generally built up over many years, at the level you are operating. Managers grow relationships with players who they trust, usually over several seasons, and can then entice these players to the club that they currently manage.

Although, reading the rather cryptic tweet by our management tonight, it seems ‘changes’ may be afoot ????

Today was no where near good enough.

However, I have faith in the management, as said above ‘changes’ seem to be about to happen.

You have to remember, these two were responsible for our record breaking cup runs in the FA Cup and FA Vase, they also brought a brand of football which is rarely seen at our level and very good to watch. (When done correctly????)

One win and we’ll be on our way...

Last edited:
You have to remember, these two were responsible for our record breaking cup runs in the FA Cup and FA Vase, they also brought a brand of football which is rarely seen at our level and very good to watch. (When done correctly????)
Yes they did and we are all grateful for that and enjoyed the ride. But that was last season!.
Your only as good as your current results/performances, which are both poor at the moment, and its not going to get feet coming through the gate, which is especially needed now the we are not getting any FA Cup money and looking pretty doubtful of a vase run....at the moment!

Back