• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squires Gate (A)

Yes worrying times and a signing or 2 needed, I would like to know did we enquire after cairns, grimshaw etc in the close season to boost our team, As long as we asked there is no issue and I agree about not paying silly money.
Hard man in the middle a priority.

HAVE THE LIGHTS GONE OUT AT BLACKPOOL? Where was the spark? I don`t want to shock everyone but watt a poor performance and we didn`t generate many chances. The current squad is not good enough and we don`t play any better at ohm. I don`t want to pylon the pressure but the central powerhouse is missing up front. Any way enough of this nonsense - see you all in 10 days time or whenever.

With great power, comes an even greater electricity bill ;)

Yes worrying times and a signing or 2 needed, I would like to know did we enquire after cairns, grimshaw etc in the close season to boost our team, As long as we asked there is no issue and I agree about not paying silly money.
Hard man in the middle a priority.

Don’t know about Grimshaw, but believe me you couldn’t afford Cairns, not even close. Few could.

I am sure you are right but you don't ask you don't get usually.

Don’t know about Grimshaw, but believe me you couldn’t afford Cairns, not even close. Few could.
I think Grimshaw is West Lancs based, if money wasn’t the stumbling block then travel issues probably would be.

Once Beadle is back after these 2 weeks away, he is very committed to 1874 and getting back up to fitness. Agree with the comment regarding getting the ball to the front men, not happening enough.

We’ve got two of the best strickers in the league in McGowan and Beadle. But they can’t score if they’re not getting the service

I honestly think that with Mitch & Pritch, Connor & Jacko & Jonah and Woolley we've got the best fullback, centre half and midfield partnership in the league by quite a long way, and add to that Scotty and Beads (potentially) and we've got a really strong team on paper

Dont see it. Pritchard has played well, but Mitch is looking a shadow of the defender we know he can be. Connors passing well off and Jackson still below matchplay. Good individuals but not working as a unit. Still need that big centre half.

I honestly think that with Mitch & Pritch, Connor & Jacko & Jonah and Woolley we've got the best fullback, centre half and midfield partnership in the league by quite a long way, and add to that Scotty and Beads (potentially) and we've got a really strong team on paper

'A really strong team on paper' doesn't win football matches. Desire, effort, application, work ethic, confidence, belief, and an element of good fortune are all factors which do. Other than perhaps 60 minutes versus Vics and the second half at Whitchurch, we've simply not seen any of those in consistent spells.

We're almost a sixth of the way through the league campaign and have already dropped 15 points. Third from bottom of the form table speaks volumes for the start we've had. Fitness, injuries, work situations and personal circumstances aside for a moment, there are simply too many in the squad who have underperformed on the pitch over the past month and not given their all. They know it, we know it, the management know it.

What matters most is what we do collectively to remedy the situation and turn it around swiftly. A fortnight's break may be a blessing and provide us with time to reflect and take action. The second half of September will be telling...

that's the point, it isn't that we don't have good enough players its just that they are off form for some reason

Josh, I'm sorry but 14th in the league with 3 points after 6 games suggests differently.
I still think some fans think we're better than we are. Until that mentality changes, we'll get no where. Changes needed.

I think Ben is right changes do need to be made but where?
Management, players, our expectations etc etc.
Personally I think on the whole the squad is decent without being spectacular, I just think they are being asked to do things that they are not comfortable with.
I understand the reasons for not giving into halls demands but it has left a hole and what would we do if the likes of scotty wanted more money I presume we would treat him the same!
The way it's going the likes of scotty might jump ship anyway.
Also I think the Jake situation has more to do with him not being selected than issues with training etc.
We quite rightly let the likes of Jonah miss midweek games and he comes straight back into the side as he should. I really think we are trying to be too "semi-professional" let the lads get back to basics.
Sam hinds is a big miss along with Woolley and DT.
I know that the cup runs were great last year but if we had lost in the early rounds would we have been in the same situation as we are now - maybe?

“I understand the reasons for not giving into Hall’s demands but it has left a hole and what would we do if the likes of Scotty wanted more money I presume we would treat him the same!”

I am confident we wouldn’t capitulate to financial demands from any of our current squad (or prospective signings for that matter) which fall outside the club’s budget.
As to the Jake Parker issue, I am happy with the explanation provided by Vicki and personally don’t feel there is anything more to the story.
Just my opinion of course. ;)

Another cryptic tweet!
This one suggests a signing to be announced at 9 o’clock (in 10 minutes)........I think ????????

Back