• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Salisbury and Hereford

Not sure I'd like either group running my club.

Reactions: Tez
The FA appeal board have produced their reasons for rejecting the appeal.

Attachments

• written-reasons---salisbury-city-fc-ltd-v-the-football-conference-ltd.pdf
    446.3 KB · Views: 15
Wow that's some explanation! :confused:

Seriously, has anyone got any sympathy for those who have (and currently) run the club? Does nobody exercise due diligence these days before doing business? Masters of their own downfall I'm afraid; on this occasion at least, the Conference Board appear to have been as helpful, flexible and even handed as they could have been in reaching their decision, in my opinion.

I don't think due diligence comes in to it.
As with Hereford, the owner is just glad to wash his hands of the debts & walk away and doesn't care who the new owner is

That link to the makeshift website is a reproduction of what they published on facebook (which of course is where any serious business consortium issues its communiques nowadays o_O ) - the first of my links a bit higher up.
Not sure they have much of a legal case if nobody is officially recognising them as the "owners".
What a mess. One of the few times I agree with the Daily Mail.

Meanwhile our local weekly community mag recently carried a news item beginning:
"One Direction’s Niall Horan is reportedly in talks with Moroccan businessman Outail Touzar about becoming player-owner of Salisbury City Football Club."

If you submitted the script to a comedy drama commissioning editor they'd laugh you out of their office.

I don't think due diligence comes in to it.
As with Hereford, the owner is just glad to wash his hands of the debts & walk away and doesn't care who the new owner is

Am I correct in thinking that some of the individuals who are busy bleating now, played a part in selling to or worked alongside, Touzar?

Am I correct in thinking that some of the individuals who are busy bleating now, played a part in selling to or worked alongside, Touzar?
I can't keep up with it Tez, I'm completely confused as to who the owners are, who is running the club and who is making the statements.

I can't keep up with it Tez, I'm completely confused as to who the owners are, who is running the club and who is making the statements.

I think that has happened at other clubs too Tony, it must be very confusing for everyone involved, thinks they're involved, denies they're involved or under FA rules .... shouldn't be involved.:rolleyes::confused:

My understanding (which is not very much on this one) is that those claiming to be the rightful owners are local businessmen etc who were not part of the set-up which sold to the fake sheikh, though they may of course have initially welcomed his sudden arrival on the Wiltshire plain.
Given that the rest of the footballing world has carried on without them I think they will all have to get used to the fact that they now have about 8 months to sort it all out.

I still get wound up by the FA's Football Creditors rule, all football creditors paid in full, any other creditor has to wait for the scraps off the floor (?p in the £)

Surely a prison sentence 20 years ago would be spent under the rehabilitation of offenders act?

i think I read that it depends on either the crime, or the length of sentence. For certain crimes or if you're jailed for more than 5 years then it stays unspent.

Latest from Hereford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-28758103

Surely a prison sentence 20 years ago would be spent under the rehabilitation of offenders act?

Either way this should be a huge eye opener for the Hereford fans sitting on the fence.

But bizarrely Tony, it isn't. The vast majority are fully aware of his reported past misdemeanours and accept it, so long as he saves the club.

Take a look at Bulls Banter, you'll see exactly the same story play out on there as happened on the old Vics forum, some of it is almost word for word. Very sad and depressing.

Back