• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Rebranding on Faceboook

Callum1874

Legend
Feb 16, 2014
Just seen that the official Facebook page for the club has changed the profile picture to the new crest proposed at the supporters meeting! It looks great in my opinion!

Showed a few people the new badge (is it yet??), and everyone liked it. As been said, much more modern and its instantly recognisable.
New shirt with new badge asap please lol!;).

Wasn't to keen on the rebranding at first but it looks absolute fantastic well done to everyone who thought of this Brillant idea

Check out the 1874 tweets on Twitter and the rebranding on the messages - absolutely superb. I would think that the new club badge will first appear on the first team kit when it is due to be changed not this coming season but the next one.

Am I the only one who is surprised that the PROPOSED rebranding has started? Must have missed something, when did we agree the proposal?

George, there was a rebranding presentation given to the members / supporters meeting at the end of last season. It was generally well received. Are you against the idea of rebranding the image of the club?

Not against some form of rebrand, no. Just thought it was a proposal.
If it's been decided by the board that we will rebrand in line with the proposal then fair enough, we voted them in to make decisions. I just would have thought that we would at least have been told it was happening. I would have preferred some more debate on something so fundamental as our badge. My opinion for what it's worth is if we are rebranding to distance ourselves from Vics the badge will make no difference. Our club colours and name are a much more visible link to them.
I was merely trying to find out if I'd missed something.

I think the crest looks great. It certainly distinguishes us more from Vics which I think is a good thing. We shouId be doing all we can to be distancing ourselves from anything to do with Vics and this is a start.

Gents can I clarify the situation.
As a Board member who has spend a considerable amount of time working with the 2 members who conceived the new branding proposals I can explain.
The changes that you have seen today are limited to our social media exposure.
This new look enhances our exposure and promotes the work that we are doing to create greater involvement with a potential younger fan base.
There is no proposal to change our club crest, colours or shirt design.
The crest is still a prominent part of our image and will remain so untill such time as members may decide otherwise.
Other people may think that they know the situation, they have not been part of this work.
Wholesale changes to either the crest or colours will only be undertaken following a full discussion with the members.
I hope that this clears the situation.

I have to say that that may confuse the situation Steve. People who don't know us (and indeed some of us that do) may be confused as to which is the official moniker?? We can't be all things to all men no matter how hard we try surely. Be one or the other. Not both.

Using two badges is confusing and a waste of time, why use the new badge proposal on social media if that isn't our official badge it makes no sense at all imo

Back