• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Rebranding on Faceboook

The re-branding makes us look modern and ambitious within our social media presence. Social media is how we are going to grow the club and attract new supporters, it is absolutely vital. Well done to everyone involved in this rebranding, it was needed, comes at the right time and we are lucky to have such talented, commited people trying to move the club forward. Absolutely no-one will get confused by this. Do you really think people out there will be thinking 'but I don't understand, I thought 1874 had a Phoenix crest'? No, no they won't. They will see impressive branding and an amazing social media presence. I will say it again, we are ahead of the game compared to most clubs higher up above us in the pyramid. Please stop being so negative and thank the people for trying to grow and improve the club.

Oh, and for what it is worth, we MUST stay green.

The re-branding makes us look modern and ambitious within our social media presence. Social media is how we are going to grow the club and attract new supporters, it is absolutely vital. Well done to everyone involved in this rebranding, it was needed, comes at the right time and we are lucky to have such talented, commited people trying to move the club forward. Absolutely no-one will get confused by this. Do you really think people out there will be thinking 'but I don't understand, I thought 1874 had a Phoenix crest'? No, no they won't. They will see impressive branding and an amazing social media presence. I will say it again, we are ahead of the game compared to most clubs higher up above us in the pyramid. Please stop being so negative and thank the people for trying to grow and improve the club.

Oh, and for what it is worth, we MUST stay green.

Got to agree with this. Last night, tweets about the new signings stood out really well from the rest on my feed.

The youth of today have an attention span of a gnat - but that's not a criticism and it's not their fault! The way we consume media these days is completely different to how it used to be. We are fed info in the smallest of snippets; all competing for our attention. You've got seconds to make an impression and If you're not smart about how you communicate you'll lose out.

This is now the norm. The world is evolving and '74 has to go with it.

FWIW I'd vote for a full roll-out across the club, however, I suspect there are some costs associated with that and can appreciate why it may be delayed. It's one thing to change a logo online and another to change crests on tangible items.

Great work by those involved.

We will be staying green!:scarf:

Green white and BLACK

I realise that colour and style choices are restricted to our present (local) supplier - which I accept and applaud - but when it comes to the next first and second team kits, let's continue this latest initiative to be distinctive and ensure as best we can that it moves away from anything which resembles a retro Vics kit. Green, black & white (or the other way around if it makes some feel they are not selling their soul conceding ground) gets my vote, but let's use the colours in a way that sets us apart.

Forgot to add, to all those involved, great work with the new logo. Stand out stuff!

1) Any chance of seeing the new crest for those of us who don't do social media?

2) Can see why we wouldn't want to roll it out while there is still unsold stock of scarfs etc in the shop.

3) When does the new fixture list come out?

Fixtures out mid-July I think. FA cup/Vase next Friday BG.

Thanks Nicki & well done to those involved in this re design, which is eye catching and gives a kind of youthful zest to the page.
Can see how this could work alongside the current badge without confusion.

Got to agree with this. Last night, tweets about the new signings stood out really well from the rest on my feed.

The youth of today have an attention span of a gnat - but that's not a criticism and it's not their fault! The way we consume media these days is completely different to how it used to be. We are fed info in the smallest of snippets; all competing for our attention. You've got seconds to make an impression and If you're not smart about how you communicate you'll lose out.

This is now the norm. The world is evolving and '74 has to go with it.

FWIW I'd vote for a full roll-out across the club, however, I suspect there are some costs associated with that and can appreciate why it may be delayed. It's one thing to change a logo online and another to change crests on tangible items.

Great work by those involved.

TL;DR :)

Back