• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Promotion!

Online lessons? Yet another example in this modern day of people losing the will and the competence to endure face to face contact with another human being. I signed up a new German student last week who wanted to know if I would do the lessons by Skype! Honestly, how does he want me to point at things in a book? And does he expect me to gesture at a computer screen. Not for me. Living life through a computer screen. They'll be telling me you can run a football club from behind a keyboard next. Grrrr.

Meanwhile, back on topic, as I feared, formby look long-term dead and buried. To quote a tweet ... "There isn't the fanbase, no plans for anything on the horizon".

Online lessons? Yet another example in this modern day of people losing the will and the competence to endure face to face contact with another human being. I signed up a new German student last week who wanted to know if I would do the lessons by Skype! Honestly, how does he want me to point at things in a book? And does he expect me to gesture at a computer screen. Not for me. Living life through a computer screen. They'll be telling me you can run a football club from behind a keyboard next. Grrrr.

Meanwhile, back on topic, as I feared, formby look long-term dead and buried. To quote a tweet ... "There isn't the fanbase, no plans for anything on the horizon".
Now thats a proper rant!!!
Look forward to face to face lessons next time your up north.
Just look for the old guy with the drum.

I may be a little bit biased but the promotion is really good for me, as I may be the only 1874 fan living in Runcorn!! Last season we had two games in Widnes and providing there are no last minute AGM Cup-style changes, there are two 'away' games in Runcorn. Also there are the games at AFC Liverpool, Bootle as well as the double-header Ashton Athletic/St Helens Town that aren't too far away. Please take this a little tongue in cheek because the most important thing is the team.

I think that a top-half finish is probably the best that we can achieve, especially when you consider the two afore-mentioned Runcorn teams, Maine Road and of course, Nelson. However, would we have thought that promotion and a cup semi was on the cards in August of last year after the first few games.

My son teaches Year 6 in Chester and I am following the Hereford saga with some interest - his class were upset when they were 'relegated'. The way that non-league football goes, they probably won't be relegated after all. Will all this and more come back onto us in any way? Thinking about a club 'escaping' up out of the NWCL Premier maybe. (Not us but a team close by to me.)

I know that many people have said it in the past but how can clubs prepare for the new season when they don't even know which league they'll be in? The Football League Play-Offs are bad enough......

Michael

Back