• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Promotion!

Alan M

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Politics
Jun 24, 2013
No not April Fool's Day!
Still a bit speechless ...

Nice game against Runcorn Linnets!!!

Makes a refreshing change for a Northwich team to be promoted rather than relegated in the AGM cup!

makes a nice difference from when a green team in northwich gets a call from the league doesn't it?

SO SO SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW the board deserve this!!!!

Over the moon but how has that come about? Can't find any 'official' news anywhere.

Absolutely brilliant news, made my day. It's never dull being a Northwich fan that's for sure, thankfully this time for the right reasons!

I'm hearing Formby have resigned from the Prem Division.

Tony, it's on the 1874 website!

Tinged with a bit of sadness for Formby though. Don't like to profit from others' misfortune.

But only a bit of sadness. :):scarf:

Yep me too. It was a tweet on Nelson's Twitter page to Joseph Gibbons saying they had resigned. Nothing official from Formby though.

penny for the thoughts of vics fans browsing the forum, would be interesting to hear there take, or even w*tton fans

If it is true about Formby resigning then I'm actually really gutted for them, but that's not our fault, and it's nice for us fans to get a bit of good news from the league for a change. :scarf:

Seems Formby may have folded, acc to their twitter feed person.
Bit of a shock, and a surprise, and quite sad really if so.

Here's the tweet.

"We're just exhausting our final options before we 100% confirm anything. Expect a statement from us on Monday."

I also don't think that it is just a footballing issue.

I think that the football authorities see in 1874 a solvent, stable, well-run club who are a credit to their league and ambitious for the future and what better representative of the NWCFL to be rewarded for all the hard work that the club owners have put in over the past eighteen months.

I seem to remember a certain person saying that we wouldn't be able to do it.

Its not rocket science is it?

"I think that the football authorities see in 1874 a solvent, stable, well-run club who are a credit to their league......................."
Not the completed article yet - but 95% of the way there? ;)

Reactions: Tez
Not bad going so far for "keyboard warriors" behind a computer screen!

What a day the 31st of May turned out to be for 1874 Northwich FC, albeit, due to Formby's misfortune.

I have to say, Formby's tweet announcing the situation saying no 1874 fans were showing class, made no sense, we had no idea of the situation at hand until they said and even then no one put anything disrespectful towards them.

I have also seen other people saying we didn't deserve the promotion, well if it wasn't for an OWN GOAL we would of been up anyway, some people need to know when to keep quiet and not say anything, im sure if it was their side, they would take the oppurtunity without question.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

I think the general 74 reaction to Formby's situation, once it was known with a bit more clarity, was laudably sympathetic. Nobody likes to profit from the misfortunes of others, particularly when it involves the demise of yet another club at grassroots level while clubs relegated from the Premier Lg get £20m + as a reward for failure. I feel a rant coming on, so I'd better stop ...

The tweet Formby did, over an hour after our fans were told, was just to take the shine off our promotion, and to appease people from Flixton and others, I won't go on anymore as I'm already finding it hard not to reply to Formby on Twitter, no need for comments like that.

Back