• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Pitch inspection 11.45

I would have ended up going also if I hadn't have had a quick check on my laptop for something totally unrelated to the game. Not everyone has internet connection, so I can understand why people would be frustrated having previously been told the game was on.

What we must remember the final decision is always with the match referee,and he usually does not arrive at the ground until between one hour and one and a half hours before the kick off time,so the decision was out of the hands of Winsford who's home game it was.

It would have helped if it had been made clear that it was on pending the match referee decisions. Although how the local ref thought it was ok is beyond me.
I'm sure a lot of people might have headed to Winsford as there were very few games on yesterday.

Not everyone has internet connection, so I can understand why people would be frustrated having previously been told the game was on.

If they haven't got Internet then they wouldn't have read the first notification either. Or am I missing something here?

It would have helped if it had been made clear that it was on pending the match referee decisions. Although how the local ref thought it was ok is beyond me.
I'm sure a lot of people might have headed to Winsford as there were very few games on yesterday.
Exactly! Those few little words was all that needed to be added!
The local ref who passed that is basically an idiot!

Now I've seen pictures of the pitch, it's Farcical that the local ref declared that fit!

Pity we could not of got the game arranged for today with it being bank holiday probably will be on a Tuesday night now with a smaller attendance.

Game would still be off if was today ground is well to soft can't see Saturday game being on tbh with more rain on its way

I'm sure we all wanted the game to be on, but from the pictures I've seen postponement was the right call.

Back