• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Operation Boxing Day 1,000

Maybe then it could be an idea for the off season heading into next season
Could be something to look into going into the opening home game of the season.

Jack has said about having a 'Target 300' for home games so could maybe tie into that?

Time to see if the grass is greener then.

Operation Boxing Day 1,000 is on and hopefully it now has all of your full support.

Please add any ideas of how we can publicise and push the game in here and we can make a plan.

Does anyone have any contacts at Northwich FM or Northwich Bid? That could be a route to go down. I am happy to contact them myself if we don't have anyone who knows someone there.
Mike Cooksley is probably the best contact at Radio Northwich. But you could always just call in, drop them an email or give them a call

01606 218016

The Northwich Life Facebook page would be another good medium to advertise the game

***Update***

The 1,000 fliers have arrived.
We will be looking at distributing them over the next couple of weeks.

1st target will be the new Winnington estate next Thursday (14/12)
Meeting point: Romans Bar - 6.30pm

If anyone would like to volunteer to help, please let me know.

***Update***

The 1,000 fliers have arrived.
We will be looking at distributing them over the next couple of weeks.

1st target will be the new Winnington estate next Thursday (14/12)
Meeting point: Romans Bar - 6.30pm

If anyone would like to volunteer to help, please let me know.
Are you delivering a red and white scarve with each one

Will anyone else be joining myself, Jane, Jack, and Richard for the flyering tomorrow?
6.30 meet at Romans Bar, Winnington. I will be there from about 6.15.

Will anyone else be joining myself, Jane, Jack, and Richard for the flyering tomorrow?
6.30 meet at Romans Bar, Winnington. I will be there from about 6.15.
Thanks to you and Jane for leading this! I can't help tonight, work beckons until very late, but hope to help over the coming days if I can.

C'mon folks, this is a supporter initiative so I know all offers of help will be appreciated!

***UPDATE***

We have the leaflet drop around Winnington Village tonight (6.30pm meet at Romans)

Radio Northwich have shared the leaflet on their Facebook (7,500 followers)
They will also be doing shout outs about the game in the run up to the game.

Northwich Guardian will run a promotion piece in next week's edition pushing the attempt at breaking 1,000 people.

Last edited:
Weather isn’t looking too bad at the moment so hopefully that adds a few to the gate.

Be nice to have some neutrals to add to the 750 who were supporting 74 last Boxing Day 😉

On a serious note, it is kinda sad that an ‘Operation 1,000’ even exists. There’ll be far higher gates at this level next week, most with a footballing pedigree way inferior to that of our glorious town.

Disclaimer: I’m not trying to stir up the merger talk that’s been rumbling on for a century!

**UPDATE*

Myself and Jane have been working on this for the past couple of weeks.
We have a digital campaign in Northwich and Winsford promoting the Boxing Day game.

1874 Pic.jpg
We will also be on Radio Northwich at 7.30am this Thursday to talk about the game.

**UPDATE*

Myself and Jane have been working on this for the past couple of weeks.
We have a digital campaign in Northwich and Winsford promoting the Boxing Day game.

View attachment 2551
We will also be on Radio Northwich at 7.30am this Thursday to talk about the game.
Great stuff Mark, between this, the flyers, social media and radio Northwich, this will be great exposure for the club.

Even if they don’t attend the Witton game, it’s putting ourselves back out there in the community and hopefully bring more to other games going forward! Great work from all involved

Great stuff Mark, between this, the flyers, social media and radio Northwich, this will be great exposure for the club.

Even if they don’t attend the Witton game, it’s putting ourselves back out there in the community and hopefully bring more to other games going forward! Great work from all involved
The message will change at 2pm on Boxing Day to an 1874 Northwich awareness advert. It will run until 31/12.

Nice work, Mark. Fingers crossed that gate can be hit.

Going forward, do you think it would it be possible to do similar ‘operations’ to this to advertise games and hopefully bolster attendances?

Nice work, Mark. Fingers crossed that gate can be hit.

Going forward, do you think it would it be possible to do similar ‘operations’ to this to advertise games and hopefully bolster attendances?
We can always look at promotion of games. I saw this as the chance for a springboard into the new year. We are looking at a 'Target 300' which would be to hit 300 at every game.

As for the digital side, it's something that we can revisit. However it all depends on availability. I probably wouldn't get access to something of this scale again, but I can definitely ask. It won't be every game, but we could look at targeting specific weekends.

We can always look at promotion of games. I saw this as the chance for a springboard into the new year. We are looking at a 'Target 300' which would be to hit 300 at every game.

As for the digital side, it's something that we can revisit. However it all depends on availability. I probably wouldn't get access to something of this scale again, but I can definitely ask. It won't be every game, but we could look at targeting specific weekends.
Maybe international breaks will be a good time to revisit it

Sounds good, Mark.

In the future, I’d like to see a few more initiatives to try and build new support. Going into schools and promoting games/issuing free tickets could be worth a shout. I know I started watching Northwich through being given a ticket in school. I’ve not stopped supporting them since. This is our future fan base and we need a lot more younger people watching us.

Maybe worth looking at family admission offers. Kids go free with a paying adult etc or making season tickets more generous. Half price £95 tickets for the whole season.

Just a few ideas as other clubs who previously didn’t attract high gates such as Bootle, Clitheroe and Prescot to name a few have seen considerable rises in attendances in recent seasons. Have a look at what some of them are doing. No reason why we can’t be doing the same.

Not a criticism but in the past I don’t think enough was done to promote the club/attract new fans. Good to see that’s now changing .

Last edited:
Back