• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Operation Boxing Day 1,000

MarkDavies89

Legend
Aug 4, 2023
On last year's Boxing Day game vs Witton Albion, we achieved a crowd of 836.

This year, let's aim for a ground record and hit the 1,000 mark!!!

Obviously, with it being Boxing Day, some people will have prior commitments. However, as was the case last year, we are probably on for a bumper crowd regardless but let's smash the 1,000 gate!

This year, Liverpool kick off at 5.30pm and Man Utd at 8pm so we can take advantage of these being the only North West teams playing!

Bring friends, family...anyone who enjoys footy. Let's turn it into a day to remember.

If anyone has any ideas for boosting awareness of the game, put them in here and we can get some sort of system sorted!

Let's make 1,000 a reality again!

People will come if we have a winning team which we currently do not have. Making these statements are just hollow until we start winning.

People will come if we have a winning team which we currently do not have. Making these statements are just hollow until we start winning.
Not true. We can create a buzz and advertise the game. I'm pretty sure we can all bring at least one extra person.

We have an opportunity to do something special. The least we can do is try to take advantage of it.

Sorry by the time boxing comes around if nothing as changed half of are fans would voted with their feet im very close to be doing it my self

If I'm honest, I'm not here for the negativity on this one. I have a role as commercial manager, which is to drive the club towards a bigger revenue using any ways and means that we have at our disposal

This is aimed at creating a big crowd for a local derby and marquee game. A big crowd means a bigger revenue, which benefits the club.

This is a big opportunity to create a massive atmosphere and show the players and the club that we are behind them and are supporting them.

Walking away benefits noone.

Mark
i know your role and I know what you have to do. Walking away is never the answer we need to slove the problem. Why do we get knocked out of every cup competition early, why are we struggling at the wrong end of the table. The board need to answer these questions not you. The answer is either we don’t have enough money to complete at this level or we don’t recruit the players to compete at this level or we don’t have the managers to compete at this level. Once identify the problem you can address it my feeling is it has not been identified. This is the board’s issue and it needs resolving quickly.

Mark
i know your role and I know what you have to do. Walking away is never the answer we need to slove the problem. Why do we get knocked out of every cup competition early, why are we struggling at the wrong end of the table. The board need to answer these questions not you. The answer is either we don’t have enough money to complete at this level or we don’t recruit the players to compete at this level or we don’t have the managers to compete at this level. Once identify the problem you can address it my feeling is it has not been identified. This is the board’s issue and it needs resolving quickly.
“we don’t have enough money to complete at this level or we don’t recruit the players to compete at this level..”

A bit of both I think Dave. In some respects one follows the other.

But Bow and Goody have shown what they are capable of in getting us where we are and keeping us at this level for two seasons. And they deserve huge praise for this. But how long can they continue to do so given the restrictions we have financially?

I think that the main gripe with most fans - including myself - over the last 6-9 months has been the style of play which has appeared to be overly negative/cautious.

So to a certain extent I can understand why some fans aren’t exactly overly enthusiastic about watching ‘74 at present.

But if you are going to be a football fan then you’ve got to get used to taking the rough with the smooth.

For the vast majority of our history it’s been a story of success and achievements. So maybe we’ve got to accept that now and again things ain’t going to be rosy.

Such is life

"we don’t have enough money to compete at this level" that's the answer and I think most people can see it

"we don’t have enough money to compete at this level" that's the answer and I think most people can see it
Taking to one side any thoughts I may have on the validity of your statement, money and budget doesn’t give the managers a free pass nor can continually be used as an excuse for failings.

They have had plenty of time to turn things around and have failed to do so. The money/budget situation will only get worse if things continue like this.

I think the time is right for a change but I’ll leave it there now as we’re just going round in circles and are clearly never going to agree.

Last edited:
Time to see if the grass is greener then.

Operation Boxing Day 1,000 is on and hopefully it now has all of your full support.

Please add any ideas of how we can publicise and push the game in here and we can make a plan.

Does anyone have any contacts at Northwich FM or Northwich Bid? That could be a route to go down. I am happy to contact them myself if we don't have anyone who knows someone there.

On last year's Boxing Day game vs Witton Albion, we achieved a crowd of 836.

This year, let's aim for a ground record and hit the 1,000 mark!!!

Obviously, with it being Boxing Day, some people will have prior commitments. However, as was the case last year, we are probably on for a bumper crowd regardless but let's smash the 1,000 gate!

This year, Liverpool kick off at 5.30pm and Man Utd at 8pm so we can take advantage of these being the only North West teams playing!

Bring friends, family...anyone who enjoys footy. Let's turn it into a day to remember.

If anyone has any ideas for boosting awareness of the game, put them in here and we can get some sort of system sorted!

Let's make 1,000 a reality again!
I'll be away in London.

Anyone have any more ideas on this at all?

I'm guessing we'd be able to have notices in pubs around Northwich.
Does anyone know anyone at Radio Northwich who could arrange shout outs?

Can push the fact that you can watch the game with a beer. Golden goals & raffles etc.

*****UPDATE*****

Leaflet drop and targeted promotion of Boxing Day game vs Witton has been approved.

We are coming up with a leaflet to produce but suggestions are welcome.

The only area we cannot canvas is Barnton itself. Everywhere else is fair game.

We will need volunteers to help flyer local areas so if anyone would be happy to help out, please make yourselves known. Any amount of time donated to this will be greatly appreciated!

*****UPDATE*****

Leaflet drop and targeted promotion of Boxing Day game vs Witton has been approved.

We are coming up with a leaflet to produce but suggestions are welcome.

The only area we cannot canvas is Barnton itself. Everywhere else is fair game.

We will need volunteers to help flyer local areas so if anyone would be happy to help out, please make yourselves known. Any amount of time donated to this will be greatly appreciated!
Good idea this, would it maybe be possible to produce a small brochure type thing with a brief rundown of our history and maybe the community and charity links we've been a part of over the years

Good idea this, would it maybe be possible to produce a small brochure type thing with a brief rundown of our history and maybe the community and charity links we've been a part of over the years
It's a good suggestion. But I don’t think we'll have the time or the budget to get something like that produced.

We have an A5 leaflet drawn up now and are just waiting on costs for printing. Also waiting to see if we can get a match sponsor to add on.

It's a good suggestion. But I don’t think we'll have the time or the budget to get something like that produced.

We have an A5 leaflet drawn up now and are just waiting on costs for printing. Also waiting to see if we can get a match sponsor to add on.
It would have been ideal to have distributed these at the Artisan Market on 9 December. Unfortunately we are at Hednesford that day, so unless there are some fans who won’t be going and would be prepared to distribute some leaflets in town then it’s probably a no goer☹️

Maybe then it could be an idea for the off season heading into next season

Back