• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Northwich v Clitheroe

James Wood

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jun 1, 2017
I see that Clitheroe will be playing firstly us and then Vics in successive Saturday fixtures following the Vics win in the FA Cup at Longridge. Let’s hope that the side in green comes out top in the first of these games but not the second! ?

Well the season is almost here, hopefully we will take a good number and get the right result.
COYG

Reactions: Ben
I see that Clitheroe will be playing firstly us and then Vics in successive Saturday fixtures following the Vics win in the FA Cup at Longridge. Let’s hope that the side in green comes out top in the first of these games but not the second! ?

Another history making day playing our first game in the league. Should be a good day regardless of the result.

As for the second game you mention, a total irrelevance in my opinion.

Any score and attendance predictions? I used to enjoy those threads before matches.

Like with a lot of teams in this league, Clitheroe are something of an unknown to me so hard to say. However, I’ll take a solid 1-1 away draw to get us off the mark and a crowd of 500, like they’re predicting on Twitter, with a decent 74 following.

I'd like to wish the team every success in all their games this season ,starting tomorrow .
Maybe next T the magic gismo will be working and I can see what the team looks like. But best of luck to all regardless.

This is a big moment and I can't wait.

Any score and attendance predictions? I used to enjoy those threads before matches.
Under the Pickem menu you can join the prediction competition.
It's only win, lose or draw but feel free to add any score predictions in the comments

Reactions: Ben
Fantastic to be talking football on here again!
As said before don't know that much about Clitheroe. I am sure that they will be different from when we played there last time.
What is certain is that we will have a great following tomorrow so let's get behind the lads and come away with a win.
As for the line up, I think the defence sorts itself out, with Wooley a certainty in Midfield and Scotty up front. The rest is really any 4 from 10! For me Weir, Cain, Parker and Taylor K
What has been evident throughout preseason is the fitness of our lads. We will go definitely right to the end and any team the underestimates us in that will suffer the same fate as Skem, Longridge and my favourite Rylands finish from "The Rod".
See everyone tomorrow!! Come on!!!

Another history making day playing our first game in the league. Should be a good day regardless of the result.

As for the second game you mention, a total irrelevance in my opinion.
Completely agree. But just interesting from the perspective of coincidence.

As said before don't know that much about Clitheroe. I am sure that they will be different from when we played there last time.
What is certain is that we will have a great following tomorrow so let's get behind the lads and come away with a win.
As for the line up, I think the defence sorts itself out, with Wooley a certainty in Midfield and Scotty up front. The rest is really any 4 from 10! For me Weir, Cain, Parker and Taylor K
What has been evident throughout preseason is the fitness of our lads. We will go definitely right to the end and any team the underestimates us in that will suffer the same fate as Skem, Longridge and my favourite Rylands finish from "The Rod".
Getting very giddy. Don’t think that I’ll sleep too much tonight!

Sam Hare has got to start. Every time.

On facebook a Clitheroe fan is reporting that Harry has dislocated his elbow.
And also couldn't believe the penalty decision

What a fantastic match I was really proud of the way that our lads performed and the way that they tried to play football at all times even though they were on the receiving end of a lot of physical intimidation and some very weak refereeing. I hope that Harry recovers quickly from his injury and also Matt Woolley who also went off injured. We were by far the best team in the second half and fully deserved our hard earned point against a big physical side. If this is a sign of things to come we will be in for a very hard but exciting season. Roll on Tuesday COYG

What a fantastic match I was really proud of the way that our lads performed and the way that they tried to play football at all times even though they were on the receiving end of a lot of physical intimidation and some very weak refereeing. I hope that Harry recovers quickly from his injury and also Matt Woolley who also went off injured. We were by far the best team in the second half and fully deserved our hard earned point against a big physical side. If this is a sign of things to come we will be in for a very hard but exciting season. Roll on Tuesday COYG
Absolutely footballed them to death in the second half and their defenders were blowing out of their arses in the last 10. The way that the side changed things around to firstly negate the threat of their big moose up top (he didn’t have a sniff in the second half) and the two injures was top class and showed - yet again - the fighting spirit that we saw in spades during the 19/20 season!

Firstly yes hope the injured lads are ok, we more than earned our point and played in the right way, as usual the lads kept going right until the end, what a great following as well, let's hope we get a really good turnout Tuesday and a better stronger ref, unreal penalty decision.
COYG

Mike Koral was also in problems towards the end and Wayne moved to a back 3 and moved him forward as a resukt (I believe) so we could have picked up 3 injuries yesterday to key players. No comments on the new striip? I thought it was bland and dirgy, disappointing.

We were well worth our late goal and excellent away point earned against a decent and physical Clitheroe side. Yet more of that never say die spirit that served us so well in 2019/20 on display. One thing is for sure that we’ll play until the whistle.

A dominant second half display from the lads and they always looked to play the right way. Hope the injured players are okay. Only one game in but on that evidence we should more than hold our own in this league. Bring on our first ever NPL home game on Tuesday!

Back