• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next Season (2017/2018) Expectations

Considering how many goals we scored as a team last year we are going to need at least another 30 on top of what Tom and Scott would normally score anyway which is going to be tough to find

Promotion has got to be the aim this season. If we achieve this playing attacking football then I will be more than happy.

Players will come and go at this level. We will have to wait until the close season is in full swing until we see the basis of our team. I am sure the two managers are disappointed with Mitch and Bailey's departure but playing players in the right positions and going for the win from the outset will enhance our chances. I'm sure they are on the phone right now talking to prospective signings.

Have faith and support our team! See you all at some of the friendlies.

Am not sure if promotion should be an aim this season especially after the players that have departed in the last few days could be more of a rebuilding job again just a thought

Am not sure if promotion should be an aim this season especially after the players that have departed in the last few days could be more of a rebuilding job again just a thought

Not sure if much of a rebuilding
job is required,Would have liked to have kept Mitch and Bailey but they can both be replaced, Look at the teams that finished above us last season they didnt have Mitch and Bailey and scored a hell of a lot more goals than we did,

Not sure if much of a rebuilding
job is required,Would have liked to have kept Mitch and Bailey but they can both be replaced, Look at the teams that finished above us last season they didnt have Mitch and Bailey and scored a hell of a lot more goals than we did,

They also didn't have players playing out of position and nonsensical tactics

I'm not convinced promotion is likely but we should still have that aim otherwise what's the point of even kicking a ball this season

I don't think any of last year's top eight can say with any certainty that promotion is "likely" given only one club goes up. Obviously for some the odds are better than others.

Why arent you convinced, Josh?

We saw plenty of encouraging signs at the back end of last season after Street left. No doubt Wayne and Paul will continue to progress over the pre season now they have a chance to build their own squad that can play the way they want it to.

Congleton are my underdog team to do well this season think we will be around 5th 6th spot which I think would be a very good season and hopefully progress further in the Vase and league cup will take that right now

I hope we carry on the positive style of football and the positive momentum created around the club towards the end of last season.

So excited for the season to start! Impossible to say where we will finish not knowing the squad we will have, and the squad other clubs will have.

Having said that, I'd love a cup run! Draw someone decent away in the FA Cup and progress further in the Vase.

Headed down to the training tonight to see how the squad is shaping up for the upcoming season...

It was great to see the lads putting in the hard work and giving it there all to prepare.

Some still away on Holidays etc but its looking good so far!
IMG_3429.JPG

Why arent you convinced, Josh?

We saw plenty of encouraging signs at the back end of last season after Street left. No doubt Wayne and Paul will continue to progress over the pre season now they have a chance to build their own squad that can play the way they want it to.

Because we still had Tom and Mitch, we've lost the best CB in the league and one of if not the best striker, I also think Tyler will be a big miss as he had some similarities to Wardy if played in an attacking midfield position rather than on the wing like last season, I know people keep saying about that's how it is at this level but you can't keep losing your best players season after season and expect to progress.

Completely behind the lads and management but I have a lot of hope rather than confidence this season

Last edited:
We've got Adam Whitlock- from what I saw he was a class above Tyler, who was quite often very much hit and miss. Not to put pressure on him as he's only young, but the attacking players are still at the club.

We've also got McGowan- if he had the same game time as Bails he would have scored the same, if not more. McGowan is the best finisher in the league, and that's an opinion held by more than myself.

Hind- played out of position the whole of last season, and still chipped in with over 15 goals.

And of course, not forgetting that we have Mark Jones :scarf:

Because we still had Tom and Mitch, we've lost the best CB in the league and one of if not the best striker, I also think Tyler will be a big miss as he had some similarities to Wardy if played in an attacking midfield position rather than on the wing like last season, I know people keep saying about that's how it is at this level but you can't keep losing your best players season after season and expect to progress.

Completely behind the lads and management but I have a lot of hope rather than confidence this season

This Mitch guy wasn't even your best defender, Mark Jones was/is. And he's a midfielder.

Very tough league in prospect in this year, probably the toughest in many years.

We've got Adam Whitlock- from what I saw he was a class above Tyler, who was quite often very much hit and miss. Not to put pressure on him as he's only young, but the attacking players are still at the club.

We've also got McGowan- if he had the same game time as Bails he would have scored the same, if not more. McGowan is the best finisher in the league, and that's an opinion held by more than myself.

Hind- played out of position the whole of last season, and still chipped in with over 15 goals.

And of course, not forgetting that we have Mark Jones :scarf:

Most say that Ryan Cox is the best finisher and deadliest striker in the league. Scores 40+ goals every single year that he plays enough games. He's still only a kid and is destined for much greater heights than our league.

Most say that Ryan Cox is the best finisher and deadliest striker in the league. Scores 40+ goals every single year that he plays enough games. He's still only a kid and is destined for much greater heights than our league.

In all fairness, I forgot about Cox!

This Mitch guy wasn't even your best defender, Mark Jones was/is. And he's a midfielder.

Very tough league in prospect in this year, probably the toughest in many years.
Mark Jones is the best player in the league, at the back, midfield or upfront.

Seriously, though, I agree.

Any departures from Runcorn Ste?

The only one I've heard of is Bev Burey who's signed for Skelmersdale and there's always a possibility it could be duel registration. 14 of last seasons squad committed with a week or two of the season finishing. The only player of note that we haven't heard anything on yet is Danny McKenna the left back. In truth it would be a miracle if we kept him, he's far too good for this level and has only just turned 20.

Not heard a tap on new signings yet though. They only started pre season tonight.

Ellos priority was to keep the squad that ended the season so outstandingly and he's managed to do that, it's a very experienced and familiar squad.

Back