• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next Season (2017/2018) Expectations

matthew james hardy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 14, 2013
I know pre season hasn't started yet and still with plenty of ins and outs to follow however just wanted to get fans views on what you think will be achievable for us next season with the league potentially tougher also for the upcoming season.

Depends on what's going to happen about the proposed restructuring. If it goes ahead and the reported 26 extra teams are needed I would be disappointed if we weren't one of them.
If it's stays in its current form I would expect another top 5 push although, looking at the quality of the league this coming season, it's going to be the toughest year for us so far.
It would be nice to win a realistic cup competition other than the mid Cheshire senior cup, maybe the league cup and a Fa vase run?
Oh, and one more thing....a sodding win against Linnets!!o_O.

A good cup run would be nice.

As long as were playing good, positive exciting football I'm happy.

4th or 5th Imo, losing Mitch is going to hurt us badly whoever comes in as a replacement, would like to see us win the league cup this season as well as our yearly stuffing's of w*tton and V*cs to keep hold of the Mid Cheshire cup

4th or 5th Imo, losing Mitch is going to hurt us badly whoever comes in as a replacement, would like to see us win the league cup this season as well as our yearly stuffing's of w*tton and V*cs to keep hold of the Mid Cheshire cup

Mitch is a cracking player, and will be missed. However, I have no doubt Wayne and Paul will find a fitting replacement.

Players come and go at then end of the day.

Mitch is a cracking player, and will be missed. However, I have no doubt Wayne and Paul will find a fitting replacement.

Players come and go at then end of the day.

Yh I understand that but if a team is going to get out of a league like this then you have to keep your squad together, pretty much every season since we formed we've lost to many of our best players

Yeah....not too worried tbh about Mitch.
He was quality and one of our stars but then so was Conkie, and Greg has been a great replacement
The legend Brandon has been replaced by Bailey.
I'd be more concerned about midfield. Need more contribution to the goal count and we have never really replaced Wardy and the skill he provided.
Anyway, we've had the Mitch discussion....back on topic!

Yh I understand that but if a team is going to get out of a league like this then you have to keep your squad together, pretty much every season since we formed we've lost to many of our best players

It's also down to who you bring in as well. As Andy said, players come and go, which has always happened and always will happen, especially at this level of football. Speaking of which, when we lose a good player at this level, chances are there's going to be a good enough, if not, better replacement for when 'Player X' leaves 'Club X'.

Mitch is a very good player and will be tough to replace, but he isn't irreplaceable, not at this level. I imagine Goodison will have a number of contacts that can replace Mitch, whether it'll be from our league, or the leagues above. There'll be plenty of players playing at a higher level that will be happy to drop down a step to our club for whatever reason.

Top three, decent run in the Vase, 2nd/3rd qualifying round of FA cup. Some permutation of all three would be nice. Await July 1st, when Vicki can put some flesh on the bones of who this season's squad is made up of. FA cup draw shouldn't be far away now either.

If the new proposals regarding the league come in to force, then obviously top 3 is the main target. Points per game will be the key. If the top 5 totally breakaway and finish the season with a 15+ point gap to 6th, then there is a chance that the whole top 5 go up.

One thing is certain, we need fewer draws and more wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me 3 rounds in the FA CUP and at least 5 rounds in the VASE then I, along with the bank balance, will be happy!

But whatever happens I will be 100% behind whatever transpires. :scarf::scarf::scarf:

I expect a continuation from how we finished. Open attacking football, with hard work and pressing to go with it.

With a likely 2 going up we really need to be pushing for one of those spots.

Top 2. Open and attacking football. Bailey and McGowan both to score 40 each.

Happy days:scarf:;)

Top 5 finish for me and a good cup run. I'm not panicking about us losing a few players. Yes it's sad to see the likes of Mitch and Tom go but I'm sure Wayne and Paul have it all in hand and some good replacements lined up. Just look at Linnets last season, lost most of their squad and were still up there at the end.

We'll be okay.

Back