• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Newcastle Town Matchday Programme

As I think most people know, I was always a big supporter of Bow and Goody. And I’ve not changed my view on this matter.

But it was quickly obvious to me that the summer recruitment wasn’t good enough and losing Kenzie, Joe and Liam made this situation worse. And we’ve never really recovered from that, particularly after Fenton, Jack I and Jack M also left.

And the issues related to Ellis’s form didn’t help either.

All in all, the absolute perfect storm.
And for some reason that I can't fathom some are blaming Bow and Goody for that recruitment, in reality we had been very fortunate for many years in being able to attract the quality of players we did over the years and so it was always going to be a very tough ask to keep doing it, they also had to repeatedly deal with our best players leaving us almost every season and so they went the youth route and trying to develop some young talented players who wouldn't necessarily have the mentality to want to leave us

And the issues related to Ellis’s form didn’t help either.

I liked Ellis, but since he's left I don't think we've conceded a single goal where the keeper has been at fault. The two youngsters in goal we've had have been outstanding - Matt Woolley too 😆

Back