• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Newcastle Town Matchday Programme

Well in the words of me mate from work, “the standard was crap but you didn’t deserve to lose that!”. A draw would have been fair and if that’s what a Neil baker side offers then we dodged a bullet! However that said, you can see the effect of a new manager has when you look at Hednesford who have now give themselves a real chance to stay up and gave witton a chance to relegate us! I won’t be attending Monday to give them the satisfaction! Joel today was excellent.

Understand there were a couple of likely candidates in the crowd today, please please please just give it one of the candidates and fast. We need a boost!

We’ve seen that game before.
You can’t fault the effort but we created very little & the opposition weren’t much better than us

Another poor watch. Agree similar to many other games this season. Not too much between the sides and if we had a decent team we would have possibly won today. I did think Newcastle had the edge purely because Wannacott had far more to do than the Newcastle keeper.
Had a few half chances but pretty much anaemic in attack again. Little produce however from Midfield.
Still unable to see us winning again this season. Team just nowhere near good enough.
Will give them credit for effort but that is not enough to win games

Yes unfortunate today but we don't create anything and I think our last home league goal was last year, why didn't we start with the same team from last week, thought Newcastle were a poor side but they found a goal,
244 was an ok crowd considering they didn't bring many and we haven't won for ages,

We’ve seen that game before.
You can’t fault the effort but we created very little & the opposition weren’t much better than us
How many times have we said that this season Edge?

I’ve said it before, but it’s a pretty piss-poor league. The standard of football is pretty awful and I’ve not seen any Stand-out sides or players.

And that we are by far and away the worst side in the league says it all….

Well in the words of me mate from work, “the standard was crap but you didn’t deserve to lose that!”. A draw would have been fair and if that’s what a Neil baker side offers then we dodged a bullet! However that said, you can see the effect of a new manager has when you look at Hednesford who have now give themselves a real chance to stay up and gave witton a chance to relegate us! I won’t be attending Monday to give them the satisfaction! Joel today was excellent.

Understand there were a couple of likely candidates in the crowd today, please please please just give it one of the candidates and fast. We need a boost!
And you can see what happens when rich owners throw a shed load of money at a problem as Hednesford have proven!😳

How many times have we said that this season Edge?

I’ve said it before, but it’s a pretty piss-poor league. The standard of football is pretty awful and I’ve not seen any Stand-out sides or players.

And that we are by far and away the worst side in the league says it all….
Agree with that, James.

The standard of the league really isn’t great and you don’t need anything special to do okay. With the exception of Leek, I’ve not seen a good side this season.

Which says a lot about us well adrift at the bottom of the table.

I don’t buy into the idea that we ‘can’t compete’ at this level. We showed we could in the first season and the team that got us up from the counties was more than good enough. Sadly since then we’ve seen a big decline and some bad decisions which I ultimately feel are responsible for our relegation.

Last edited:
Our destiny has been known for a long while now. However, I’m glad we haven’t splashed an inconceivable amount of money on the squad like Hednesford are clearly doing - their three latest signings are beyond silly for our level.

W*tton fans seem to think that Mondays game is a foregone conclusion - if anything, I hope that our lads give absolutely everything to put one over them and give the 74 fans who have backed them all season something to shout about.

Agree with that, James.

The standard of the league really isn’t great and you don’t need anything special to do okay. With the exception of Leek, I’ve not seen a good side this season.

Which says a lot about us well adrift at the bottom for the table.

I don’t buy into the idea that we ‘can’t compete’ at this level. We showed we could in the first season and the team that got us up from the counties was more than good enough. Sadly since then we’ve seen a big decline and some bad decisions which I ultimately feel are responsible for our relegation.
As I think most people know, I was always a big supporter of Bow and Goody. And I’ve not changed my view on this matter.

But it was quickly obvious to me that the summer recruitment wasn’t good enough and losing Kenzie, Joe and Liam made this situation worse. And we’ve never really recovered from that, particularly after Fenton, Jack I and Jack M also left.

And the issues related to Ellis’s form didn’t help either.

All in all, the absolute perfect storm.

Agree with that, James.

Which says a lot about us well adrift at the bottom of the table.

Wayne and Paul were on a hiding to nothing because they repeatedly had our best players taken from us every season because other clubs were able to pay them more so that tells me that the money is a big factor, there's only so many times you can find the right quality in to replace them particularly as like Wayne said a number of times the first question out of a players mouth was about how much they're going to get paid, what are we meant to do in that position?

Our destiny has been known for a long while now. However, I’m glad we haven’t splashed an inconceivable amount of money on the squad like Hednesford are clearly doing - their three latest signings are beyond silly for our level.

W*tton fans seem to think that Mondays game is a foregone conclusion - if anything, I hope that our lads give absolutely everything to put one over them and give the 74 fans who have backed them all season something to shout about.
Strange way to look at it imo because had we been able to spend what they're able to we wouldn't be going down 🤷, I would think that Monday is a forgone conclusion tbh and I don't think even the most passionate of 74 fans would disagree as there's been nothing to make me believe that there's any chance for us unfortunately

Strange way to look at it imo because had we been able to spend what they're able to we wouldn't be going down 🤷, I would think that Monday is a forgone conclusion tbh and I don't think even the most passionate of 74 fans would disagree as there's been nothing to make me believe that there's any chance for us unfortunately
Strange way to look at it because 1. They’re still in the relegation spots and 2. How do you know they’re able to sustain that spending?

We could’ve splashed a load of money at trying to stay up and still fail was my point Josh…

I can assure you we don't think it is a foregone conclusion. It's a derby game and anything can happen.

W*tton fans seem to think that Mondays game is a foregone conclusions

- if anything, I hope that our lads give absolutely everything to put one over them and give the 74 fans who have backed them all season somethingOur destiny has been known for a long while now. However, I’m glad we haven’t splashed an inconceivable amount of money on the squad like Hednesford are clearly doing - their three latest signings are beyond silly for our level.
Really ? I don’t think Monday is a foregone conclusion. 3 points is what we want monday we really don’t care if it’s from you or anyone else at this stage of the season 👍

Last edited:
Really ? I don’t think Monday is a foregone conclusion. 3 points is what we want monday we really don’t care if it’s from you or anyone else at this stage of the season 👍
Try your official social media accounts as a starting point

Back