• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Midlands Watch 23/24

i was there yesterday, the expectancy from their fans was audible. They think they are a Conf Club by right , still act like they are entitled and seem to think they should be watching players of the standard of their glory years not honest Step 4 local players . Car Park £3, stewards and attendants all over the ground hired in from an external security firm, 2 plush bars, talk of a £10k a week budget next season which would be double even the highest in NPL West . One of their fans at least refers to a dose of reality but seems to see even the Vase as a punishment .
If one of the NLM theories is correct and reprieves in respect of New Salamis and Loughborough’s resignations from Step 4 are ppg rather than within league, then Hednesford may well wriggle free of the drop anyway.

I thought resignations / demotions were always kept in-league?
e.g. Skem last season saving Widnes

There were some muttering that Avro have ground grading issues. That might save them

Wishful think8ng by the Pitmen fans. I think all good at Avro.

Just a NLM projection of what the poster thinks the ML could look like next season. Not an FA plan, proposal or blueprint, just someone’s musings. Food for thought and certainly something to provoke discussion no doubt 😮🤔

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpeg
    IMG_1999.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 16
IF that is the make up of the league, it’s effectively a NWC Premier Division South and would be a lot better for us in terms of travel.

We will see though and it probably won’t pan out like this.

Last edited:
It would. We both know this perhaps the most extreme of projections though. I think too many ML clubs have been shifted elsewhere too. The FA would be awash with appeals. All that said, it would be a good start for a consultation document with respective leagues and club members.

Looking good for Darlaston,. Currently 2 up at Lichfield.

AFC Wulfrunians looking for new Manager.

OJM Black Country won the Division 1 play offs. Presumably they’ll be placed in the Premier Division, though not sure about Hinckley who were champions

It’ll be interesting to see who the FA allocate to respective leagues now. NLM suggests placing Hinckley - Division 1 champions - elsewhere, but tbh they are no further away from us than Atherstone or Highgate. Assuming a twenty member (as opposed to the current eighteen) that would mean only moving two other NWCFL Premier clubs across + Brocton.
All should become clearer around Mid-May I guess.

Back