• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Midlands Watch 23/24

12-0 just enough to get the last playoff spot as well

And a gate of 56 watched.
63 at Wolverhampton

And no idea how many at Whitchurch

I watched a couple of V**s games early season as a member of the Witton groundstaff.
The quality of football and level of away support wasn't anyway near on a par with the counties .
As Congleton did accept ,plan and adapt for the league accordingly then see it as a opportunity to bounce straight back.

Hopefully the majority of fans see it that way. Easier route than competing in the Counties for promotion 🤔🤷‍♂️ We’ll soon find out. Could be a blessing in disguise. We’ll just have to see how it pans out.

Hopefully the majority of fans see it that way. Easier route than competing in the Counties for promotion 🤔🤷‍♂️ We’ll soon find out. Could be a blessing in disguise. We’ll just have to see how it pans out.
I'm not saying I hope it happens😉

Reactions: Tez
Looks like we might have Hednesford joining us in the ML after all. They need to beat Bootle next Saturday to stand a chance of a reprieve and obviously Bootle have a play off spot to play for.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 9
Some interesting points there, Tez. People will miss our support - I don't remember them having too many at Townfield earlier in the season, my memory is considerably less than we took to them! Other clubs don't want to see us go - does he really think promotion and relegation is done by beauty competition? And they don't seem to like Townfield.

Yes some of the comments seem a little mealy mouthed.

Definitely a ‘big wig’ mentality from some of their fans. No club has a divine right to be in any league. But they apparently seem to think getting back to Step 3 can be achieved just like that.

I don’t seem to remember them taking many to Townfield either. Hope we beat them next season if we do end up in the same league.

It seems to be a bit of "just because we played in the Conference 30 years ago we have every right to still be there"!! Doesn't quite work like that.
i was there yesterday, the expectancy from their fans was audible. They think they are a Conf Club by right , still act like they are entitled and seem to think they should be watching players of the standard of their glory years not honest Step 4 local players . Car Park £3, stewards and attendants all over the ground hired in from an external security firm, 2 plush bars, talk of a £10k a week budget next season which would be double even the highest in NPL West . One of their fans at least refers to a dose of reality but seems to see even the Vase as a punishment .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A brief clip from the Lichfield v Highgate play off semi final yesterday.

Back