• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mid Cheshire Senior Cup

View attachment 1747

It's very easy to criticise when we see photos like this of someone removing surface water with a blade squeegee who's only use is to remove or control the flow of liquid on a flat surfaces.
Rolling your sleeves up to achieve this is absolutey pointless.

View attachment 1748

View attachment 1749

I've been slagged off a few times for my suggestion of pitch covers but anything has got to be better that this..

Heres another solution

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tony these are ok on a pitch that’s not muddy but soon as roller picks mud up it leaves big muddy streaks on the pitch so make it worse.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Ho for the old days. Seen many (and played many), games played in the 70's and 80's on pitches that were basically a mud pit!. How times have changed! Health and safety, sport becoming non contact and those nice bright boots that no one wants get dirty have all put a stop to that ;).

Apparently the Widnes league game rescheduled for the same evening - according to twitter comment, although the NWCFL website doesn’t say so I might add.

Two different starting lineups? No problem. :D

I think perhaps the Linnets fan who tweeted maybe got confused. Nothing would surprise me though.

I think basically we send players, officials and fans down to the SLBS every evening and see who turns up to play against. Or how about having a combined League & MCSC game against Winsford?

Any other (serious) suggestions to ease the backlog probably welcome!

Apparently the Widnes league game rescheduled for the same evening - according to twitter comment, although the NWCFL website doesn’t say so I might add.
I'm still working on that one!
Winsford Cup is definitely Wednesday

You deserve a medal yourself for all the work you are putting in Vicki, followed by a short spell in a darkened room and two weeks in Florida. But I guess you'll have to settle for the sincere thanks of the supporters
It's fair to say that paracetamols are usually not far away! Thank you, it is a challenge but our lads, management team and our great volunteers deserve the thanks (and sympathy!!!).

Florida I won't get but a night in Llandudno is on the cards!!!

It's fair to say that paracetamols are usually not far away! Thank you, it is a challenge but our lads, management team and our great volunteers deserve the thanks (and sympathy!!!).

Florida I won't get but a night in Llandudno is on the cards!!!

If it makes you feel any better about Florida Vicki, we have 2 nights in New York followed by 3 weeks in Disney World Florida all booked and paid for (Lorna’s mum paid it all) and it looks now that 95% chance we have to cancel it because of Lorna’s health. So maybe Llandudno will be our only option :-(

If it makes you feel any better about Florida Vicki, we have 2 nights in New York followed by 3 weeks in Disney World Florida all booked and paid for (Lorna’s mum paid it all) and it looks now that 95% chance we have to cancel it because of Lorna’s health. So maybe Llandudno will be our only option :-(
That's such a massive shame Trev, it would have been so good. :(

After tonight's semi final between 1874 and Winsford who ever wins they will meet Witton in the Final,where will the Final be played?.Should it be played on a neutral ground?,I can not recall it ever being played at Barnton,as they enter the composition every year should they not get the honour of hosting the Final?.

Just to advise supporters that only the small bar will be open tonight, as Winsford are hosting their regular Wednesday event in the big room.

Still plenty of space for us though.

10 changes from last night and gave a strong winsford team a close game, not overly bothered and the way they celebrated you would have thought they had won the vase
See the final is at witton again, be interesting to see the attendance
See you all tomorrow

Back