• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mid Cheshire Senior Cup

Trevor

Legend
Aug 7, 2013
Not sure if we will play a strong team tonight but I feel we should. We can’t win the league but we are holders of this cup for past 2 years and surely winning it 3 times in a row would ensure our claim to being the best team in Northwich,well best dog and duck team anyway. Surely some silverware would finish our best season yet. We will get promoted soon enough as we know we are good enough but we need to let others know the same. Winning the league will come in a season we don’t need to play everyday but the Mid Cheshire Senior Cup is doable THIS year. Come on 74

Not sure if we will play a strong team tonight but I feel we should. We can’t win the league but we are holders of this cup for past 2 years and surely winning it 3 times in a row would ensure our claim to being the best team in Northwich,well best dog and duck team anyway. Surely some silverware would finish our best season yet. We will get promoted soon enough as we know we are good enough but we need to let others know the same. Winning the league will come in a season we don’t need to play everyday but the Mid Cheshire Senior Cup is doable THIS year. Come on 74

Winning the league is very unlikely but that 2nd promotion spot is very doable so think we need to sacrifice the Mid Cheshire Cup to make sure we're ready for a huge game on Saturday

We won’t field anything close to our strongest starting eleven (assuming we have eleven still standing) tonight Trevor. League promotion is anything but lost at this moment in time. Defeat last night certainly makes the task harder, as of course does the number of fixtures which are coming up thick and fast. We are STILL in the mix, for now at least ;)

Winning the league is very unlikely but that 2nd promotion spot is very doable so think we need to sacrifice the Mid Cheshire Cup to make sure we're ready for a huge game on Saturday
Been saying this for a couple of weeks now and still not changing my mind......we will NOT finish second!!, in fact, if we finish top 5 i'll be more than happy.
Its been great to see the boys have a little run after the semi but the expectation from some is not realistic. Three games a week (at least!), on heavy pitches is far too punishing especially when your working too!
Last night was a huge game against opposition near the top and we still have more to come starting Sat....the programme they still have left is short of ridiculous and anyone who seriously expects us to still mount a push for second are being hopeful at best!
Hope I'm proved wrong bit not seeing it!

Each to their own Blackie. Everyone recognises that this is a huge task, but until mathematically not possible and out of our control then i'm keeping faith. Sounds like we didn't have the rub of the green last night from the referee and again were guilty of missing too many chances.

Need to be more ruthless and clinical. A quick glance at the teams in contention for promotion, it is no surprise that at least 4 of them are teams I would class as 'physical' in their approach, if not overly so and then there's Linnets.

At what cost? The decision probably scuppers tomorrow’s game and Winsford’s Macron Cup game on Monday now.

Reactions: Kit
At what cost? The decision probably scuppers tomorrow’s game and Winsford’s Macron Cup game on Monday now.
Well, we’re not the home side so it’s out of our control:nail

Couldn't the game tomorrow be switched to Widnes to make sure its played?

Not at this late stage I would have thought.

Bonkers playing this match and potentially destroying the pitch for tomorrow.

Bonkers playing this match and potentially destroying the pitch for tomorrow.
Don’t think tonight is an issue anymore ..... apparently.

Potentially destroying the pitch for longer than just tomorrow.
With it being now off tonight I have serious doubts about tomorrow's game.

Check Kyle Riley's Twitter out. Game clearly should not have been called on in the first place. Yet again we have a situation where a game is wrongly called on and then it's called off when fans have arrived at the ground. Farcical to be honest.

Game tomorrow is massively in doubt judging by the pictures of the pitch I've seen. A bit of overnight rain and there will be no chance.

Without trying to be a weather geek, BBC app says very low chance of rain in next 24 hours.

^
We can only hope!

RE - our promotion chances. We're still in it until it's mathematically impossible, but a defeat against Widnes tomorrow (if on) will all but rule us out for me.

Like Blackie said, we've got to be realistic and with games coming thick and fast, it's bound to put a big toll on the players. It's not a case of them not being good enough as we all know they are, but any side would struggle with the amount of games we've got to play. Charnock, COL and Bootle are sides which we can realistically finish ahead of. In all honesty, top 5 and historic runs in the FA Cup and FA Vase is a very good season for me. I'd happily have taken that at the start of the season.

Keep this side and add a few players here and there, in particular someone else going forward to help Scotty, and we'll stand a great chance of being real challengers next season most likely without such a crazy fixture pile-up. Up the 74! :scarf:

Without trying to be a weather geek, BBC app says very low chance of rain in next 24 hours.
Unless it also forecasts a 30oC heatwave and some strong winds too then I would plan something else to do with your Saturday

20180413_201051.png

It's very easy to criticise when we see photos like this of someone removing surface water with a blade squeegee who's only use is to remove or control the flow of liquid on a flat surfaces.
Rolling your sleeves up to achieve this is absolutey pointless.

20180413_201006.jpg

20180413_200834.png

I've been shot down a few times for my suggestion over pitch covers but the longer these postponements go on the more I'm convinced that its a better idea than what we have at the moment.

Heres another solution

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit
Back