• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

MATCH VENUE CHANGES

Never said it wasn't sensible, its a good move by the board to help in the current weather....its just not for me.
My money, my choice.
I'm sure I'm not the only one but hopefully that will be well counter balanced by some who might have stopped travelling to Winsford. ;).
I respect that others will be happy to go and add their money to the wi**on coffers....their money, their choice.
I also see why Vicki has posted the points above. Maybe it will persuade a few but for me 5 years of 1874 is still far outweighed by 41 years of hating wi**on....too old to change I'm afraid!!
Wi**on are now not surprisingly happy to accommodate us (at a presumed lower price than when we first asked to use their ground!), they have a big shortfall to cover wages and are more than happy to take anyone's money to fill it.
A game I really wanted to see, but that's life! Hopefully the weather will improve soon.

I am really lost for words. Your hatred of a team outweighs you supporting your own. Its even more baffling when you consider you were quite happy to go back and watch V*cs there. Get behind your club and the team in a fantastic season.

For the current situation it makes perfect sense.
If we have to play 4 home games in a week at Winsford then the gates will be hit. 4 home games over a couple of weeks at WP & the BS will almost certainly get a higher average gate and minimise the financial impact.

Longer term is a different conversation & one for another thread.

Agreed. The present arrangement suits both clubs, short term. There is no saying that Witton would necessarily want or consider a longer term arrangement. Likewise our Board, for the next season (?) at least, has a commitment to play its home games at the Barton Stadium under our open ended agreement ; a commitment i’d expect them to honour.

I am really lost for words. Your hatred of a team outweighs you supporting your own. Its even more baffling when you consider you were quite happy to go back and watch V*cs there. Get behind your club and the team in a fantastic season.

As i’ve posted previously I respect the right for Blackie to hold views that differ from mine. I (note, personally, exercising my opinion here ;))feel that others should do likewise? After all we’d all be offended i’m sure, if by approving of the decision to play some games at Witton, Blackie suggested we start backing the red striped club in town ? :)
We all have different viewpoints about various subjects of the 1874 persuasion, we can’t agree all the time, that’s what makes a forum surely.? Again just my opinion, but there is no need to resort to mudslinging here is there?

Quite right Tez none of this needs to get personal, Everybody is entitled to their choice.

Presumably, as these are ‘home’ league fixtures, season tickets will be applicable?

Again just my opinion, but there is no need to resort to mudslinging here is there?
Dont worry tez, usually find those who cant manage a decent counter argument drag up the "old favourites" insults!!:oops:.

Last edited:
There is no evidence of insults in this thread and to say that because someone is young and has only been watching "for 5 minutes" comes over as a little patronising.
All the argument in this thread is decent whichever view one takes.

Never said it wasn't sensible, its a good move by the board to help in the current weather....its just not for me.
My money, my choice.
I'm sure I'm not the only one but hopefully that will be well counter balanced by some who might have stopped travelling to Winsford. ;).
I respect that others will be happy to go and add their money to the wi**on coffers....their money, their choice.
I also see why Vicki has posted the points above. Maybe it will persuade a few but for me 5 years of 1874 is still far outweighed by 41 years of hating wi**on....too old to change I'm afraid!!
Wi**on are now not surprisingly happy to accommodate us (at a presumed lower price than when we first asked to use their ground!), they have a big shortfall to cover wages and are more than happy to take anyone's money to fill it.
A game I really wanted to see, but that's life! Hopefully the weather will improve soon.

You have your right to an opinion, Blackie. At the end of the day though, we don't support Northwich Victoria anymore and there is no history there. We support 1874 Northwich, a club we formed six years ago that has no historical rivalry with Witton.

It is your choice whether you go to the games or not but I think the lads deserve our support, as they've been superb this season. For me, the needs of our club to get games on and grow far outweighs any 'rivalries' of the past. The fact we recorded two huge gates at Witton in the cup, 583 being the lowest, shows the potential level of support we have as a club and that most people don't let the rivalries of the past stop them.

In terms of Witton helping us, I'm not naive enough to not see there's a financial incentive behind them allowing us to play games there. That goes without saying but they are still doing us a favour and helping us out (just like we are to them with the extra money) so it classes as an act of kindness in my mind.

My main point though is: don't let petty rivalries get in the way of progress.

As a wittoner of course its in our interests to make money out if this.
We have a huge asset in a first class ground and I expect our board to make full use of that
Im proud enough to swallow my pride and say it makes perfect sense for us to be sharing the facility even if many will disagree.

You have your right to an opinion, Blackie. At the end of the day though, we don't support Northwich Victoria anymore and there is no history there. We support 1874 Northwich, a club we formed six years ago that has no historical rivalry with Witton.
We may not be vics but we kept the colours, took their year in our name and, before this year, had a badge that was virtually identical.
When i suggested that we should have had a complete break with new colours and name most on here disagreed and some went to the extreme saying they would walk away because they still wanted a "link" to vics ....so i disagree there is no historical rivalry.
W**on still see us as a spin off from vics, majority dislike us and would love to see us go tits up at the earliest opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tez
Dont worry tez, usually find those who cant manage a decent counter argument drag up the "old favourites" insults!!:oops:.
Blackie converted to 1874 by completing some very basic research. A couple of matches at 1874, couple at JGFC. He saw the distinctive differences between the club's but the deciding factor was 1874 had that old Drill Field feeling/atmosphere and decided like many of us that Vics was dead. I for one am pleased that he chose 1874, even though at times he's a pain in the ass. (That's kettle calling tea pot :rolleyes:).

I have lost my hatered for Witton but respect Blackie's and others opinion, as we all know many Wittoners still feel the same about us. After all, our arguments through varied views and opinions is what makes us such a diverse Club.

Last edited:
Only at times?!....2/10 must try harder! :p:p.
Oh come on...:mad:
Presentation 9/10,
Level of difficulty 9/10,
Quality of execution 9/10,
Artistic merit 10/10,
Overall performance 9.2/10....
That's an Olympic Gold Medal in Back Scratching :D

Last edited:
Back