• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Macron Cup Final to be Postponed?

Agreed - keep the ticket money, but there are folk like me who won't have a ticket as we live far away but would still cough up for a video of the game

Folks

The announcement today is that Step 3 and below can remain playing with supporters, as long as all the necessary rules are followed and the virus doesn't take a bigger turn for the worst. Halton Borough Council's guidance remains as advisory whch means that as it stands, they are not enforcing a game behind closed doors.

Given the present situation, the game goes ahead.

If there is a change in the situation then we will let everyone know asap.

This game won't happen, if supporters can't be there.

So I’m not comfortable with going to the game on Saturday especially with the update regarding enhanced lockdown in the Halton borough. I therefore have one adult ticket which is available at face value for anyone who would like to go

contact me on 07867336915 if you are interested

** GONE **

Last edited:
So I’m not comfortable with going to the game on Saturday especially with the update regarding enhanced lockdown in the Halton borough. I therefore have one adult ticket which is available at face value for anyone who would like to go

contact me on 07867336915 if you are interested

** GONE **
Simon - like you I’m uneasy about going against the advice being given by Halton BC and my view is that based on this the NWCFL should call the game off. I know that this would have massive implications for the league season, but surely the safety of all should come as No 1 priority.

I shall be making my decision whether to go or not later today

does the rule of 6 apply for people travelling together by car and does the number of households travelling together apply once you go over the Mersey?

Yes, correct decision. Of course I would have gone but wasn't comfortable with it.

Just wished the decision was made earlier in the week for everyone's sake.

Fully understandable. And correct.
As noted earlier in thread, does not bode well for the league campaign.

Yes agree with decision but should have been made at start of the week. Feel sorry for all the people who have put so much hard work in preparing tickets etc.
I was going to support the club but like Alan felt it was a risk and am strangely rather relieved.
Will be amazed if league starts in a week as things will probably get much worse sadly.

100% Correct decision ( people are dying ), bad timing

And in the long run far more people will die as a direct and indirect result of restrictions and lockdowns.

But this isn’t the place for that discussion.

Presumably that’s the league season not going ahead now?

Reactions: Ben
And in the long run far more people will die as a direct and indirect result of restrictions and lockdowns.

But this isn’t the place for that discussion.

Presumably that’s the league season not going ahead now?
but if the hospitals get over-run again with patients with severe Covid symptoms then the ‘usual’ NHS services will be significantly impacted.

Wrong decision, bad timing.
This. You can go to pubs, bars, cinemas, bowling alleys and the Trafford Centre but you can’t go to a Covid secure football ground in the open air with a few hundred people social distancing because it’s not safe apparently.

Crazy.

Agree also about the lockdowns and restrictions causing more deaths in the long run but that’s for another thread.

Last edited:
This. You can go to pubs, bars, cinemas, bowling alleys and the Trafford Centre but you can’t go to a Covid secure football ground in the open air with a few hundred people social distancing because it’s not safe apparently.

Crazy.

Agree also about the lockdowns and restrictions causing more deaths in the long run but that’s for another thread.
I take it Ben that you’ve been to Runcorn’s ground? If so, then you will know that the only loos, bar and food service area are in the clubhouse. There is no way on Gods green earth that these arrangements could be described as’Covid Secure’.

but I do agree that the inconsistency in which the rules are applied is confusing and illogical. But this is very much in keeping with the way that Johnson and his cabal of dimwits have handled matters from the start of the pandemic

• Haha
I take it Ben that you’ve been to Runcorn’s ground? If so, then you will know that the only loos, bar and food service area are in the clubhouse. There is no way on Gods green earth that these arrangements could be described as’Covid Secure’.

but I do agree that the inconsistency in which the rules are applied is confusing and illogical. But this is very much in keeping with the way that Johnson and his cabal of dimwits have handled matters from the start of the pandemic

Its been a week since the changes in Halton, Barnton is much more “Covid secure”.

Back