• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Macron Cup Final to be Postponed?

I take it Ben that you’ve been to Runcorn’s ground? If so, then you will know that the only loos, bar and food service area are in the clubhouse. There is no way on Gods green earth that these arrangements could be described as’Covid Secure’.

but I do agree that the inconsistency in which the rules are applied is confusing and illogical. But this is very much in keeping with the way that Johnson and his cabal of dimwits have handled matters from the start of the pandemic

Reading the NWCFL statement, a lot of preparations were made by both clubs to make the game safe for fans, but clearly the local authority have taken a different stance, which I feel is disappointing and the wrong one. The game could have surely been moved to another venue.

Big doubts surely now hang over the start of the season next week. I’ll maintain my point that going to a football match in the open air is surely safer than going to a pub, bowling alley, cinema and shopping centre.

If we’re taking the logic of Halton BC, we may as well take the chance to postpone all football until we get a vaccine for this virus which could be an awful long way off, by which time many clubs would have gone under. It then beggars the question whether we should accept that Covid is here to stay like many other viruses and get on with our lives without living in fear and all these crippling restrictions and lockdowns.

Reading the NWCFL statement, a lot of preparations were made by both clubs to make the game safe for fans, but clearly the local authority have taken a different stance, which I feel is disappointing and the wrong one. The game could have surely been moved to another venue.

Big doubts surely now hang over the start of the season next week. I’ll maintain my point that going to a football match in the open air is surely safer than going to a pub, bowling alley, cinema and shopping centre.

If we’re taking the logic of Halton BC, we may as well take the chance to postpone all football until we get a vaccine for this virus which could be an awful long way off, by which time many clubs would have gone under. It then beggars the question whether we should accept that Covid is here to stay like many other viruses and get on with our lives without living in fear and all these crippling restrictions and lockdowns.
A debate and one which would draw a number of varied views, but one for a different section of the forum section I think;)

Reactions: Ben
Back