• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC to return to Wincham Park

Some would indeed call these lies (though of course they wouldn't do so on here). Some might say they were being economical with the truth (though NV and economical sounds like an oxymoron to me). I prefer to see them as alternative truths, a bit like their result tweet tonight. From the land of make-believe in which people flock to fill Wincham Park with joy and laughter and merry songs. And of course make the WA social club into the go-to place in mid-Cheshire for their 6 social club functions per season.
:rolleyes:

On the plus side been unblocked by Barnton FC wish them all the best

I'm also blocked by Barnton, at the time of my ban I was warning them how JGFC operate, as it now turns out I was telling the truth all along, I hope I can be unblocked.

Also he states that he was involved in the negotiations for the agreement.

Regarding that issue, he's referring to the WAFC/JGFC Groundshare negociations mate.

Strange thing about that is why would the JGFC Board and Witton Board allow an assistant coach in on negotiations, unless he's the reason they are there and he's funding the groundshare.

Miles off mate.

"La Stade de Mid Cheshire" :cigar

I only ask mate because I've been told by a very good source that Witton have taken NetDec to Court over unpaid sponsorship

Thanks Tony but his comment was “ I was involved in the negotiations and there was no breach of contract”

You're correct, how did I miss that, it was my question that prompted his reply :confused:
20180328_000918.png

So there was the Parish Council meeting regarding the groundshare that increased the agreement for a further 4 years and Pickup wasn't part of meeting. I wonder if he's referring to a meeting between Barnton and JGFC where a golden handshake took place?

Last edited:
You're correct, how did I miss that, it was my question that prompted his reply :confused:
View attachment 1705

So there was the Parish Council meeting regarding the groundshare that increased the agreement for a further 4 years and Pickup wasn't part of meeting. I wonder if he's referring to a meeting between Barnton and JGFC where a golden handshake took place?
My understanding was it was always a 5 year agreement. That was what was being said by both Barnton and Vics at the start of last season when it was a hot topic. Not the 1 year deal that he stated.

My understanding was it was always a 5 year agreement. That was what was being said by both Barnton and Vics at the start of last season when it was a hot topic. Not the 1 year deal that he stated.
I remember hearing that they wanted a 5 year deal but Barnton Parish Council couldn't offer due to some regulation. So initially offered a 1 year deal to be revised in January this year, which is when the extension was agreed, so I'd say you're closer to the truth than JGFC.

Last edited:
I remember hearing that they wanted a 5 year deal but Barnton Parish Council couldn't offer due to some regulation. So initially offered a 1 year deal to be revised in January this year, which is when the extension was agreed, so I'd say you're closer to the truth than JGFC.
So the Parish Council met in January and agreed that the agreement (5 year) could go ahead. According to Barnton’s statement Northwich Vics informed Barnton of there intent to cut short the agreement on Friday 23rd March. I would say this is breach of contract and to back this up even further Barnton then go on to say “As a result of this information protracted negotiations took place whereby an agreement was met to allow NVFC to continue playing at Townfield Lane for the remainder of their games this season”
Why would Vics enter into another agreement to see out the season at Barnton if there was no breach of contract? By agreeing to this, it stinks of guilt in my book.

Witton need cash, and fast! We’re in an agreement with Winsford next season, and thankfully we’re not a club that screws over its landlords and seem to be honouring the current contract.

Witton, however, still desperate for income. They approach Vics.

Vics, however, aren’t a club that honours anything and have no screwed over Barnton. What goes around comes around.

First take on this, no one was more surprised than me when this was announced.
At the end of the day we are in a prime position, we own our own ground and what we do with it is our choice .
Personally I'm not thrilled with it but if it safeguards the future of Witton Albion then I am willing to trust our board.
The ideal situation would be for us to have no one at our ground but we are realistic enough to realise this isnt possible.
Im pretty sure this decision has not been taken lightly.

no one was more surprised than me when this was announced.

More surprised than Barnton, who thought they had a long-term deal?
Or even more surprised than certain of the few JGFC fans still around, who thought they were contributing to the development of Townfield? You'd think the fans of a "fan-owned" club would be in the loop, even if it's just a little chat behind the goal on matchdays.

First take on this, no one was more surprised than me when this was announced.
At the end of the day we are in a prime position, we own our own ground and what we do with it is our choice .
Personally I'm not thrilled with it but if it safeguards the future of Witton Albion then I am willing to trust our board.
The ideal situation would be for us to have no one at our ground but we are realistic enough to realise this isnt possible.
Im pretty sure this decision has not been taken lightly.

We all know the reason why you need the money, it's because your gates dropped the last time you took in the homeless club, they've never recovered and now you're punching above your weight.

I just wish Wittoners would stop trying to convince themselves that it's the right decision.:rolleyes:

Don't worry Wittoners, you are all very welcome to voice your opinions on our forum
20180328_134642.png

Is the account Witton_Albion_fc the official club account?

If so that’s absolutely embarrassing.

Back