• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC to return to Wincham Park

Mind boggles. They couldn’t survive playing in the league below on Barntons rates not 12 months back. Mathematically could still go down and I hope they do no matter how unlikely it may be.

Mind boggles. They couldn’t survive playing in the league below on Barntons rates not 12 months back. Mathematically could still go down and I hope they do no matter how unlikely it may be.
Quote from Witton forum.that Barnton have acted unprofessionally by announcing the groundshare saying usually these announcements are made in conjunction with the other clubs involved. Why? Why do little old Barnton have to wait for the mighty Witton Albion or the mighty Northwich Vics to announce it?

Quote from Witton forum.that Barnton have acted unprofessionally by announcing the groundshare saying usually these announcements are made in conjunction with the other clubs involved. Why? Why do little old Barnton have to wait for the mighty Witton Albion or the mighty Northwich Vics to announce it?

If the information from JGFC fans is true, that WAFC approached JGFC to discuss terms of a groundshare, knowing full well that they already had a groundshare agreement in place for next season with Barnton. Then in my opinion there are two clubs that have acted unprofessionally and neither of them are Barnton.

WItton clearly desperate for money. Playing devil’s advocate, did we take the eye off the ball here? If Vics were approached I bet we were too. Yes we had a deal with Winsford, but could we not have picked some key games to play at Wincham Park next season and signed a groundshsre for the following season and done that now? No offence to Winsford but their pitch has caused us so many problems and cost us so much in gate money. I made my feelings known that if we wanted to do it we had to act and show ambition.
I’m not totally disillusioned that we have now lost this opportunity but I think we now have some momentum and some extra cash and I think we should step up our search for a home in Northwich, or, as I’ve always believed, we cannot progress. No criticism of anyone here, our board are amazing and got total respect for them but I do believe we need to step it up. Is it feasible that we take Vic’s place at Townfield Lane for example?

Unless they cut short like they did at Barnton

Two year deal which also involves help with off-field stuff such as pitch maintenance, like I assume they did at Townfield?

Love the social club activities part of the agreement. Vics hundreds of fans will make the social occasions thrive!!

If the information from JGFC fans is true, that WAFC approached JGFC to discuss terms of a groundshare, knowing full well that they already had a groundshare agreement in place for next season with Barnton. Then in my opinion there are two clubs that have acted unprofessionally and neither of them are Barnton.
Correct Tony and that was my point. Just made me chuckle last night reading the Witton statement 24 hrs after Barnton’s. I bet they hated the fact that Barnton announced it first.

Correct Tony and that was my point. Just made me chuckle last night reading the Witton statement 24 hrs after Barnton’s. I bet they hated the fact that Barnton announced it first.

Similar to Witton announcing we would play our Vase semi-final at Wincham Park before we had the chance to announce it. So they have no grounds to be unhappy that Barnton broke the news first.....after all Barnton were just announcing a true fact....unlike Vics who wouldn't know the truth if they fell over it....

WItton clearly desperate for money. Playing devil’s advocate, did we take the eye off the ball here? If Vics were approached I bet we were too. Yes we had a deal with Winsford, but could we not have picked some key games to play at Wincham Park next season and signed a groundshsre for the following season and done that now? No offence to Winsford but their pitch has caused us so many problems and cost us so much in gate money. I made my feelings known that if we wanted to do it we had to act and show ambition.
I’m not totally disillusioned that we have now lost this opportunity but I think we now have some momentum and some extra cash and I think we should step up our search for a home in Northwich, or, as I’ve always believed, we cannot progress. No criticism of anyone here, our board are amazing and got total respect for them but I do believe we need to step it up. Is it feasible that we take Vic’s place at Townfield Lane for example?
Perhaps we are just the type of club to honour agreements and not leave our landlords in the lurch when they have budgeted for money thats now not coming.
Funny enough...ive made my feelings known too....about wi**on.....and to be honest, not seeing much to change it at the moment o_O.

What this does is show the desperation of Witton for additional revenue as that decision to allow Vics to rent WP again will anger a large proportion of their active fanbase and the board will be aware of that. The £50k won't last long.......

What this does is show the desperation of Witton for additional revenue as that decision to allow Vics to rent WP again will anger a large proportion of their active fanbase and the board will be aware of that. The £50k won't last long.......
Not to mention the position this leaves Barnton in, after all they are the only party that have been shafted in all this. And rumour has it Witton were annoyed that Barnton announced it 1st. Get real.

Absolutely agree with you kit. I for one am totally gutted as I'm sure others are about a missed opportunity. As for finding a home in Northwich I think that has already been exhausted, therefore, I think we will remain planted in Winsford unless the board know different, we need some answers.

I'm getting confused with all this "Put Vics back where they belong"...

Can't mean the Victoria Stadium or the Drill Field, surly they dont mean the Conference National, personally I think its Administration?

20180326_051503.png

Answers on a fag packet where all their plans are usually formulated.

I wonder why Padiham turned down investment from Wilkes and Co, these guys seem to be doing everything for JGFC. Imagine breaking away from the clutches of Rushe, having your fan owned club and starting afresh by getting a consortium paying everything with no strings attached, even running the day to day business for you, all the fans have to do is turn up and watch... Sounds very boring but its very JGFC.

"Put Vics back where they belong"... Why am I getting dejavu?

Last edited:
As it turns out JGFC didn't have a 2018/19 groundshare agreement with Barnton when approached by Witton in March.

It's all very smome and mirrors to me

As it turns out JGFC didn't have a 2018/19 groundshare agreement with Barnton when approached by Witton in March.

It's all very smome and mirrors to me

A manager involved in contract talks about a ground move?!?!
Most struggle with team talks at half-time.

Back