• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Jack Marrow

Ben

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Becomes the latest player to announce he is leaving. Really is a sinking ship. We can ill afford to lose a defender right now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any player with any sort of quality at this level isn't going to want to stay on a sinking ship and have a relegation on their playing CV so unfortunately I can't blame a number of the players who have left us

Another top-scorer leaves.
Is Matt Woolley our leading scorer in the squad now?

Personally, if we are relegated I would much rather go to the North West Counties League than the Midland League if that were possible. Does the club have a say in the matter?
No, all down to the FA. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news Tony, but I’d guess it was a near certainty that it would (we’re not down yet 🤞🫣) be a Midland League allocation.
The best we could hope for would be an amalgamation of the more southerly Counties clubs and maybe more northerly based Midland League clubs. However that possibility is NLM forum speculation and has to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Jack Marrow was one of our few remaining shinning lights of arguably our worst ever 1874 squad. I have no problem that he had decided to leave the club and I wish him all the best.

Frankly, the whole team will need a complete rebuild when we are relegated. I feel sorry for our current manager, but he is not the man to take us into next season

We might as well get prepared now for the drop, plan accordingly and give it our best shot to try and get back up.
It will need a complete rebuild team wise, as most of the squad won’t fancy the travel etc.
We just might have a chance of being top six, if we can attract some proven players, with experience of that league and who have a bit of fight in them.

Sorry but I don't get all this giving up stuff. There's 2 reprieves going for our level - we need to make sure we don't finish bottom as a minimum.

On top of that we have a run of 8 games now (with leek in the middle) all against bottom half clubs - and we have trafford to play twice who haven't scored more than 1 goal in a game since October.

We're a long way from being out of this - but a week on Saturday is huge.

Good luck to Jack I wish him well at his next club.

With all the departures happening from the club I think I might need to get back in shape & bring my boots to the next game.

🤨 Interesting, I would have put money on Leek personally
They already have Liam Buckley though. Why would he move to Leek and have to risk fighting for his place week in week out🤔
Best of luck to Jack, however there were probably better choices out there, particularly given Kidsgrove’s current run of form.

They already have Liam Buckley though. Why would he move to Leek and have to risk fighting for his place week in week out🤔
Best of luck to Jack, however there were probably better choices out there, particularly given Kidsgrove’s current run of form.
He could play CB and midfield

He could play CB and midfield
But arguably right back is his favoured position? Accepted his signing might be useful in terms of positional adaptability but surely if it was midfield or centre back was the position that Kidsgrove wanted filled then they would’ve signed a centre back or midfielder 🤔 As I say, good luck to him, but there were probably better options for him.

But arguably right back is his favoured position? Accepted his signing might be useful in terms of positional adaptability but surely if it was midfield or centre back was the position that Kidsgrove wanted filled then they would’ve signed a centre back or midfielder 🤔 As I say, good luck to him, but there were probably better options for him.
Agree that there were probably better options on paper but it could be a money thing or getting garenteed games 🤷

Sorry but I don't get all this giving up stuff. There's 2 reprieves going for our level - we need to make sure we don't finish bottom as a minimum.

On top of that we have a run of 8 games now (with leek in the middle) all against bottom half clubs - and we have trafford to play twice who haven't scored more than 1 goal in a game since October.

We're a long way from being out of this - but a week on Saturday is huge.
Couldnt agree more ,all this criticising our players , constantly looking to blame someone ,not just anticipating but talking ourselves into the abyss, stating the ****** obvious like we are M of D pundits ........ jeez its not the end of the world and there's still a lot of games to go ! As Damian says in this weeks Managers Comments - one win can lead to two then three and suddenly there's a different complexion about things . It's confidence the team needs restoring but the negativity can not be helping , turning up knowing we have got each others back, sticking together is the least we can do . Anyone who has played sport to a decent level must realise this happens in football, there is no divine right to succeed , its cut throat and when you're down the boots rain in but lets not kick our own ! We know the squad is light at this moment in time with some taking the easy option and taking up the next convenient offer .We've lost some talent but its not like all the players who have gone have been outstanding for us, indeed some couldn't hold down a regular starting spot, form was in and out and they had their critics even in the "halcyon days". Keep real but get a smile on your face , you will feel better for it !

Money talks….

Connection with Joe Woolley don’t forget!

Back