• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Interesting chat with JRFC fan

I suspect that many of the JRFC fans are at the end of their tether.
JR will provide no answers as to the future, if there is a future to his private football club.
There are no medium term plans for "Life after Flixton" and if so he is not telling the fans.
There is no mention of his latest bankruptcy and how that will affect his ownership of his club.
The JRFC forum has been offline with no sign of it coming back and personally I think that this is deliberate ploy to stifle debate.

On a more positive note I suspect that many of the JRFC fans will start to come to watch 1874 Northwich FC as they can see "a model club" run on democratic lines and with a bright future, solvent and engaging with their community for all our mutual benefits.
There will be a few "diehards" such as Colin and Jamie but again I suspect that they know that they have dug a big hole for themselves with no alternative but to stick with JR and blame 1874, CWAC, Cheshire FA, Connett, the planetary alignments, phases of the moon, and 1001 other excuses for the mockery that JRFC has become.

We all know where the blame for the state of NVFC lies and JR is not the only one who should be held accountable.

Last edited:
I have noted the posting on the official website concerning the Open Meeting next Tuesday and I would like to hope that we can all invite one or two ex-NVFC fans to the meeting to see what our club has to offer.
The JRFC forum is still down and I suspect this may be deliberate and indefinite and if any JRFC fans read this post why don't you come down to the Lostock Club on Tuesday at 8pm to meet up with many old friends and ask whatever you like to any of the Board members and I am sure they will do their best to answer your question as after all what have you got to lose?
In 1874 Northwich FC "What you see, is what you get"

Reactions: Tez
I have noted the posting on the official website concerning the Open Meeting next Tuesday and I would like to hope that we can all invite one or two ex-NVFC fans to the meeting to see what our club has to offer.
The JRFC forum is still down and I suspect this may be deliberate and indefinite and if any JRFC fans read this post why don't you come down to the Lostock Club on Tuesday at 8pm to meet up with many old friends and ask whatever you like to any of the Board members and I am sure they will do their best to answer your question as after all what have you got to lose?
In 1874 Northwich FC "What you see, is what you get"

Excellent idea Flash :scarf:

The JRFC unofficial website still out of action and the JRFC Facebook page is advertising an entertainer called "The Indian Elvis" live at an Indian restaurant in Oldham at the end of May with the last football related post dated in February was a question to which no-one answered.

What a shambles.

Last edited:
Derek Nuttall and Colin "Dave" Buckley overheard in Northwich on Saturday arranging a meeting at Rudheath Social Club. Must be about the new ground. Or something.

I would have thought that it is nothing to do with them and everything to do with the owner and his financial backers who actually own and control his private football club.

Derek and Colin are whistling in the wind if they think that they have any influence over Mr Rushe.

Derek Nuttall and Colin "Dave" Buckley overheard in Northwich on Saturday arranging a meeting at Rudheath Social Club. Must be about the new ground. Or something.

Next meeting of the NVSA must be due, they meet regularly and it's about a year since the last one.:rolleyes:

Who cares?

Agree Edge, I don't. Think we need to be overly concerned or particularly interested by conversations between the two of them. The whole thing has a tumbleweed quality about it.
:meh
Next meeting of the NVSA must be due, they meet regularly and it's about a year since the last one.:rolleyes:

I think you're probably correct in saying that. One would presume under their constitution, officers need to be elected/re-elected, so an AGM of sorts must be on the cards? ;)

... with of course a presentation of the accounts.

... squadron of pigs taking off from Hurn Airport as I stare out of the window ...

... with of course a presentation of the accounts..

Genuine question Alan, are accounts required to be presented or is it a question of having figures available should a member request it?

Not something which is going to cause me sleepless nights you understand, just asking ;)

http://www.nvsa.co.uk/index.php/rules-objectives

11. Accounts shall be examined at the end of each year and an Examiner shall be appointed at the Annual General Meeting of that year.

14. For signing of cheques a team of three signatories from the Association membership is required, Two of the three being the Treasurer and the Secretary. Cheque signings will require two signatures, one of which can be any two of the other signatories.

Question - Whats the difference between signing of cheques and cheque signings? Is it three or two signatories?

Two of the three named signatories would be required to sign a cheques.

The "Examiner" does not have to be in any way financially qualified under a constitution of this nature, by the way, just someone independent and of reputable standing. Tony could do it. ;)

I suspect Tony R would have a field day.

I thought that Colin had enough on his plate by being in charge of building a new stadium for Jim's private football club after the disappointment of Mr McNally.

I wonder what ever happened to him?

Last edited:
Colin sure does do a lot (or is at least supposed to do a lot) for a non representative for the club doesn't he

Cor blimey! He gets around a bit doesn't he.

I suspect his interest in Jim's private football club was a way of getting himself noticed and in the public eye which would bolster his political ambitions, however I also guess he didn't realize what a train wreck JRFC is.

No wonder he did a runner!

Back