• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Fundraising ideas

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
oik, let's have your ideas.

I'll take them to the Board & commercial team & get answers if there are do-able or not

I'll add these here
Half price ticket for season tickets hold for PL EL clubs

Family tickets eg two Adults two children for £15

All in tickets online only eg Entrance pie drink voucher for £15

I will be raising at the AGM.

Target a 1,000 gate vs Witton on Boxing Day. Use Radio Northwich / social media to promote bumper Boxing Day crowd.

Have a 'Bring as many as you can day' where season ticket holders / members bring as many people as they can. Prize for person who brings the most.

Anyone who has contacts at professional clubs to ask for signed merch donations for raffles / auctions.
Pretty sure that I've heard we have connections with Man Utd and Wrexham through people preciously associated with the club.

Her Game Too link. Free to get association. Provide merchandise to sell in the shop. Affiliation could increase amount of female supporters.

suggested previously regarding leafleting and letting people know when we have games or designated “fan days” as often our outreach may be those who are already aware on social media etc.

Would be really handy if we can try and get someone in schools pushing us with the kids.

Great if we can try and negotiate with Barnton where we can have a shack or something that can sell beers/food or other things or negotiate a cut of the takings for our games from them on their current facilities etc

First and foremost: Target 300. - lets work at getting 300 home fans at every game. Then after that move on to target 400.

Loads of others, Ill compile a document and send them over Edge.

I remember in the early years of our existence as a club there was brief talk about maybe getting a club mascot, it wouldn't be necessarily for actual matchdays (though that is unique at our level and maybe could be done) but to go into schools and have a presence at any community events in and around the town, I remember the response to this being that we'd have to get someone willing to wear the mascot costume which may be tricky but is definitely a possibility imo, I remember a while ago posting some ideas of possible mascots that we could create and so I'll have to see if I can find it again and if so I'll post on here and see what people think

Ok so people want ideas, but if I’m honest, there is little point in giving them because regardless of what is said, they are not listened to, minus the work done on membership packages which is a real positive in my opinion.

2 years ago we sat in an AGM, where we were told finances were an issue. Fans began to talk and generate ideas, and the conversation was shut down quickly and asked to move on.

There was no follow up to note, there was no action plan drawn up and shared, and then we were in the same position the following year. And again this year - we are approaching the agm and we will again be told the finances are dwindling and the board need ideas.

There have been open fan meetings during the off season the last two seasons - fans have generated ideas and suggestions of ways we can try to retain current fans and bring in new ones. But after that meeting, what happened? What plans were drawn up? What help was asked for? The only thing we have done since then is increase the admission for home games, with no further added incentives or offers. How hard is it to try and tap into season ticket holders of efl clubs at discounted rates? Forever mentioned and forever ignored.

Time and time again, people go with suggestions, but these need ratifying, approving and then owning by the football clubs board. Only then can fans understand where the help and support is needed, not before.

I think moving forward, the board needs a restructure, and a refocus. It needs to be a board that has clear, defined roles and responsibilities, with people supporting underneath those roles that help to share the workload, as we have to remember that the volunteers on the board are not working full time in that role. That way, more fans are helping out, and board members can have their work load lightened. There should be sub committees for each role, that are directed by the board member responsible, who then feeds back to the whole board on matters discussed and get the club moving forward again.

Discussions on here show enough people care, but without a genuine and clear plan of action, coupled with strong leadership from the top, this is going to be a never ending cycle that results in further damages to the finances and the football club.

Ok so people want ideas, but if I’m honest, there is little point in giving them because regardless of what is said, they are not listened to.
Two ideas that myself and Jane have had go ahead since the Pre Season meeting this Summer:

Fantasy Football League. 56 entrants. Still waiting on a few payments, but will have £250+ going into the club. And then 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes on top of that.

Operation Boxing Day 1,000. Now working on a Matchday Sponsor and printing flyers to distribute before the game. Deadline of tomorrow for the sponsor to be in place, then the leaflets can be printed / distributed.
Co-ordinating a social media plan of action to 'slow burn' up to the game and then heavy targeting in the two weeks before. Again, just waiting to see if we get a confirmed match sponsor before releasing the details.
There have been open fan meetings during the off season the last two seasons - fans have generated ideas and suggestions of ways we can try to retain current fans and bring in new ones. But after that meeting, what happened? What plans were drawn up? What help was asked for? The only thing we have done since then is increase the admission for home games, with no further added incentives or offers. How hard is it to try and tap into season ticket holders of efl clubs at discounted rates? Forever mentioned and forever ignored.

Time and time again, people go with suggestions, but these need ratifying, approving and then owning by the football clubs board. Only then can fans understand where the help and support is needed, not before.
People can be pro-active. Ideas don't only have to be suggested at AGMs / meetings. There are always committee members at the games. They're all approachable and will listen to ideas. Draw up a plan and submit it? Get something in writing and hand it over!
I agree with the Prem / EFL season ticket half price idea - it can drive a few more people into the ground on matchdays which would increase food sales as well. And more 50/50 and Golden Goals.

As you say as well, it isn't a full time committee - I don't think we would have anyone who would be able to dedicate full time commitment to it. It is difficult. I'm happy for people to come to me with ideas.

If we can look at this as a reset and a fresh start, forget grumbles of the past and I will try my best to listen to everyone and put things forward. Any idea that can drive revenue / attendances needs to be aired and should be given thought.

Just as a caveat, though... Not every idea is a good idea! :')

Think Callum raises very good points. For too long now, many many many suggestions, quite a few of which would appear good shouts in principle, and in essence wouldn’t cost the club money to implement, but time and effort have fallen on deaf ears.

Many of those suggestions, other clubs in the area seem to have taken (it’s a very active forum this and others do clearly watch from afar, we all know this!) for themselves while our club hasn’t.

If the club/board etc need help in planning, pushing or committing time to these tasks and this is why they haven’t been pushed - question, why has the club not actively sought help in doing so and asked the fan base if anyone can help? I get that it’s not their full time jobs etc, but all it takes is speaking up and asking for help, if we don’t do this and look at ways to get the gates up and push our club in any way in our community, we face regression I’m afraid after all we’ve done to build the club until this moment

Last edited:
I’m aware that some of the ideas floated in here are getting lost due to the replies
I’ll think about the best way to keep them easily visible. It’ll probably end up with a sub-forum with one thread per idea

re the EFL season ticket idea. I thought that was going to be trialled during an international break, but so far we’ve been away on those dates.
I’m aware of one club who offered it every game that cancelled the offer as people were borrowing their mates season tickets to get in free/cheaper!

And here’s a fundraising idea that’s brought in a couple of thousand pounds to the club so far & with minimal effort can easily raise more

1874 Northwich are now registered with easyfundraising, which means you can raise FREE donations for us every time you shop online. Over 7,000 brands will donate to us when you use easyfundraising to shop with them – at no extra cost to yourself!

These donations really mount up and make a BIG difference to us, so we’d really appreciate it if you could take a moment to sign up and support us. It’s completely FREE and only takes a moment.

You can find our easyfundraising page at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/...=email&utm_campaign=pmc&utm_content=gs-email1

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I will be hosting another quiz night at the end of February or beginning of March next year.

If you came to the last one at the Beer Festival then you will know it's real good laugh and did raise some funds for the club. I will give more details in the new year but please support it if you can.

The last one was all Football, do we want to change it to Sport or boring General Knowledge?

Thanks everyone in anticipation.

Just been thinking about this and with the talk on the Vics match thread about the strength of our squad this season we really do need to find whatever ways we can to try and add to the already great job that our volunteers do of bringing in money for club funds via the likes of 50\50, golden goals, raffles, TMFG, football cards etc as well as social events, the truth of the matter is that this really needs to be increased hugely if we're going to be able to give our manager a budget that is competitive for this level, I don't pretend to have all the answers on how to do this atm but it really is important that this area is further improved on

Just been thinking about this and with the talk on the Vics match thread about the strength of our squad this season we really do need to find whatever ways we can to try and add to the already great job that our volunteers do of bringing in money for club funds via the likes of 50\50, golden goals, raffles, TMFG, football cards etc as well as social events, the truth of the matter is that this really needs to be increased hugely if we're going to be able to give our manager a budget that is competitive for this level, I don't pretend to have all the answers on how to do this atm but it really is important that this area is further improved on
Josh, I tend to agree with you but there is only so much we can bring in from the membership. A lot of our support is retired and may be on restricted income and those in work may also have cashflow problems. I can tell you that we have 51 members supporting our TMFG scheme. last year this brought in approx £1600, or roughly £30 per participant. This year it has only brought in £513 to date for reasons we are too aware of (and some of this is annual payers and has not yet been received and it does include money not yet paid to us). 5 of our participants have agreed to increase the amount they sponsor by, 2 back dating to the start of the season, the others from when they told us. If more did this or joined the scheme (and i don't think you, Josh, are a member - if you are my sincere apols) and if more helped to boost the budget we would start to get a bit more in but not that is going to help too much. But it would all help a bit without breaking too many pockets

Is there potential or scope for a 74 kids training camp(s) in term holidays to be explored? I know this one will all be down to coaches/maybe players being free and willing to give their time.

Gets our name out there in the community, helps families out with half terms/holidays and could help the club for income with signup fees etc and more importantly helps the kids get development and enjoyment from the sessions. I know we already have a number of juniors on the books, and could tap into people who don’t have a relationship with us currently but may after sessions.

Todays kids after all, are the future of this club!

Back