• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News First Team Manager Position

About time! Lets hope it's resolved quickly so we have new man in for Hednesford! See everyone tomorrow

About time! Lets hope it's resolved quickly so we have new man in for Hednesford! See everyone tomorrow
I don’t think that there is a cat 🐈‍⬛ in hell’s chance of anyone being appointed before the Hednesford game!

I actually think the calibre of Manager you’re likely to attract at this time of the season is far less appealing than in the pre season. They will be on a hiding for nothing - working with what they’ve inherited..
Don’t get it !!

Can we sack off this idea of players and managers matching the club ethos? If a player is good enough and we can afford them with our budget, get them in. Same with the managers. We’re limiting ourselves so much by the club ethos. To be Frank, I couldn’t care about the ethos right now, we need players who are going to win games, we need a manager who will do what’s needed without being tied into an ethos if were to bounce back from this god awful slump we’re in.

For me I would like to see, someone ruthless, ambitious, knows the club and what we stand for, suppose now need step 5 experience, plus ideally someone who will be able to navigate us through the Midlands league as all but certain now.

Too much to ask?

For me I would like to see, someone ruthless, ambitious, knows the club and what we stand for, suppose now need step 5 experience, plus ideally someone who will be able to navigate us through the Midlands league as all but certain now.

Too much to ask?
Sounds like a job for Stu Wellstead

Can we sack off this idea of players and managers matching the club ethos? If a player is good enough and we can afford them with our budget, get them in. Same with the managers. We’re limiting ourselves so much by the club ethos. To be Frank, I couldn’t care about the ethos right now, we need players who are going to win games, we need a manager who will do what’s needed without being tied into an ethos if were to bounce back from this god awful slump we’re in.
Well said…..we are limiting ourselves massively with this bureaucratic nonsense. We need football people at our club….people with contacts, experience and knowledge to guide us forward. We’ve missed one big opportunity a few months ago. We can’t afford many more mistakes otherwise the club will continue to shrink.

100%

If the club want to to good work in the community, I helps to be successful on the pitch, so a manager that can deliver on the pitch, will help the club deliver off the pitch.

Well said…..we are limiting ourselves massively with this bureaucratic nonsense. We need football people at our club….people with contacts, experience and knowledge to guide us forward. We’ve missed one big opportunity a few months ago. We can’t afford many more mistakes otherwise the club will continue to shrink.
“Bureaucratic Nonsense”?

So tell me exactly how maintaining the ethos of our club has so far limited our management teams from using their contacts to sign players?

What I think you fail to understand is that we’ve been able to attract players to 74 who have been offered more £ by other clubs Because of how we treat players and people in general.

And if you forget, 74 was set up in response to decades of mismanagement of the club we all previously supported.

If we give up these principles then frankly we may as well pack up and rejoin Winsford Victoria.

Some things are more important than transient form on the pitch.

https://makeagif.com/amp/WJhXrs

Too much to ask?
We can hope!

Then if you don’t understand the ethos of 74 then why the hell are you supporting us?

Out of interest how would you define the Club Ethos?

Too much to ask?
Not so sure about the ruthless bit. Semantics maybe, but I’d say more determined and committed. Otherwise I’d say spot on. There are such Managers out there currently, but it’s a question of whether they feel we are the right fit for them and visa versa perhaps?

Out of interest how would you define the Club Ethos?
Someone that realises that the wage budget comes from club events and not from a chairman pumping in wads of cash.

The previous managers have all got that and have made players to come along to club events - other clubs have been envious of us for that.

This season has suffered from a lack of that (no-ones fault really, it's just a squad turnover thing) and I think we can all agree there's a much lower connection with the squad than we have had in the past because of it.

Someone that realises that the wage budget comes from club events and not from a chairman pumping in wads of cash.

The previous managers have all got that and have made players to come along to club events - other clubs have been envious of us for that.

This season has suffered from a lack of that (no-ones fault really, it's just a squad turnover thing) and I think we can all agree there's a much lower connection with the squad than we have had in the past because of it.
Completely agree, someone that understands this separates us from everyone else, like we've seen under Ian Street, Goodie and Bowyer.

Back