• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Vase-GAME OFF (Saturday 11-11-17)

Have I missed something here? We seem to be the only game off in North West.

Was the pitch really that bad at 10 this morning?

In FA land I am sure that Tow Law can hire a private jet to take their team from Teeside airport to Manchester airport in thirty minutes.

Simples!

Have I missed something here? We seem to be the only game off in North West.

Was the pitch really that bad at 10 this morning?

It must have been. Last thing we’d have wanted was to have another free Saturday and a needless addition to our fixture schedule i’d have thought?

After a horrible morning, I am just about to write a statement to go out from the club.

But to answer some of the comments on the Forum, there was a fair amount of rain yesterday and overnight. The day might have started dry and fairly bright but the damage was done. The pitch was soft in most places but to be fair, most probably playable. However there was an important area that was too soft and deemed risky and unplayable by the inspecting Referee. Full communication took place with the match Referee and the FA Competitions Department and despite huge disappointment for both ourselves and Tow Law, the game was postponed.

Make no mistake, we wanted this game on. A lot of effort goes into preparing for match day by all of our volunteers. Our Management Team and players are psyched up for it. We did not want Tow Law to travel in vain, we have experienced the situation from their side and it's not great. Of course, this also has an impact on our League fixtures.

I want to thank our small but superb band of volunteers who look after the ground. The pitch was cut up after the Macclesfield game but they worked hard each day to repair it and make it ready for today. The rain let them down badly.

I appreciate that today has been frustrating and disappointing for our own supporters. Believe me, it's not been great for those us at the sharp end!

We will let everyone know when a date has been rubber stamped, it will be midweek.

Presumably this is an official source. If correct, many thanks Winsford United, Maine Road and the NWCFL for helping out here, much appreciated.C8802CB3-C973-4F25-953C-1DEC927B1388.jpeg

Must say we were very dissapointed with the match been called off at 10 Am , tow law had 2 busses already on route to your gound , 50 fans on one bus which we can not get re embursed for , surely in 5 hours you could clear the pitch of water so the match could go ahead , we have lost out a lot of money for busses and some of the team will not be able to make it on Tuesday night , but after all that we are not top of the league for nothing and I'm still confident we will turn you over 3-1 , all the people confident you will win 3-0 , good look with that our strike force is leathal , as you will see

Misfits - when did you expect a decision to be made on the playing surface? The day before? I feel for you re the costs but what time did the buses depart, must have been unnecessarily early. It could be argued that given the weather it would have been sensible to leave a little later and not start on what would be a three hour(ish) journey that early.

Must say we were very dissapointed with the match been called off at 10 Am , tow law had 2 busses already on route to your gound , 50 fans on one bus which we can not get re embursed for , surely in 5 hours you could clear the pitch of water so the match could go ahead , we have lost out a lot of money for busses and some of the team will not be able to make it on Tuesday night , but after all that we are not top of the league for nothing and I'm still confident we will turn you over 3-1 , all the people confident you will win 3-0 , good look with that our strike force is leathal , as you will see
Last two attendances have been 116 and 71....find it hard to believe that you had 50 on a coach and another one with fans on!?
It will be hard for your strikforce to score while your goalie is busy picking the ball out of the net :D:p.

Isn't it refreshing to have someone from the opposing team to talk to on here (despite the annoying circumstances)?

Misfits, good luck with putting team together for midweek. Seriously. (a) We'd like to beat you fair and square; and (b) we really do know what you are going through - ask Morpeth.

Sorry but it's all fact , we had a day in Lancaster instead ans as for picking the ball out , looking st your goal difference it seems you will be the ones getting the balls out ,

It wa really disappointing that the pitch was not passed fit by the local referee mid-morning, but once he/she had deemed it unfit, not much we could do was there? Presumably if we’d ignored the decision, continued to work on the pitch until 2.30 (arbitrary time) and then had the match referee postpone the game, you’d be happy ?

As to Tuesday’s outcome ..... we will see :)

Safe trip down and hopefully an entertaining game of football. :scarf:

Sorry misfits - well book the weather for you next time

Sorry but it's all fact , we had a day in Lancaster instead ans as for picking the ball out , looking st your goal difference it seems you will be the ones getting the balls out ,
It’s a cup game, the only goal difference that matters is on the day we score one more than you....simples :cool:.

Grow up!
The club didn’t call the game off it was a referee. Go on his forum and do it. Get off ours!
Coaches left at that time wow! Unnecessarily early.
Your conduct has something to be desired. You moan about the game being on a Tuesday. What about if it had been a replay? We would have had to do it. Invalid point.

Grow up!
The club didn’t call the game off it was a referee. Go on his forum and do it. Get off ours!
Coaches left at that time wow! Unnecessarily early.
Your conduct has something to be desired. You moan about the game being on a Tuesday. What about if it had been a replay? We would have had to do it. Invalid point.

misfits has had his little rant its changed nothing,They are still going to hammer us haha:scarf:.I think i can hear his mummy shouting its time for bed hes got school tomorrow haha.

Last edited:
Back