• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Vase-GAME OFF (Saturday 11-11-17)

Must have had a lot of rain down in Winsford then, not had that much here.

Must have had a lot of rain down in Winsford then, not had that much here.
Hopefully some dry weather between now and Tuesday, particularly as Winsford have a game at home on Monday evening.

Rain forecast for tonight, landlords at home Monday, further rain forecast for Tuesday, AFC Liverpool away on Wednesday.
Our wonderful set of board members and volunteers are going to be extra busy sorting this lot out!

Rain forecast for tonight, landlords at home Monday, further rain forecast for Tuesday, AFC Liverpool away on Wednesday.
Our wonderful set of board members and volunteers are going to be extra busy sorting this lot out!
Hopefully we will do our utmost to rearrange the match for a weekend to enable Tow Law players and supporters the best chance of seeing the game and putting out their best team. ( as opposed to the last time this sort of situation arose when Morpeth and the Northern League were less than accommodating to our wishes)

Hopefully we will do our utmost to rearrange the match for a weekend to enable Tow Law players and supporters the best chance of seeing the game and putting out their best team. ( as opposed to the last time this sort of situation arose when Morpeth and the Northern League were less than accommodating to our wishes)

It will be a decision made by the FA Archie. However had the game been played and we’d required a replay, it is doubtful Tow Law would have accommodated us with a Saturday replay. Really rough on them to travel down on a Tuesday night though but sadly you reap what you sow.

I would treat them the same as the Northern League and Morpeth treated us.As Tez says you reap what you sow.
Dont give up a sat game to accomadate this outfit.

Tbh it’s a bit unfair to blame Tow Law for Morpeth’s (and the NL secretary if I recall correctly) intransigence. However given the fact they would have insisted on a Tuesday replay, it seems unlikely, if the boot was on the other foot and we’d been the unlucky visitors this weekend, that they would have accommodated us when the fixture was rescheduled.
Today’s postponement benefits neither club. We will likely get a lower gate on Tuesday than we would have today, an international break weekend, not to mention another league game now required to be rescheduled. Tow Law obviously have to regroup for Tuesday and have incurred travel costs - admittedly covered by the gate receipts eventually, although, like ourselves previously, overnight costs will have to be taken on the chin.

People keep mentioning Tuesday for the rearrangement, very little chance of it going ahead then with more rain to come and a match in between.

The Northern League weren’t very helpful with us last year - not have they ever really been towards anyone. They look after their own teams - they don’t need help from us.

Could Winsford's game be moved and we play the vase game on Monday and our league game on Wednesday?

That's a convergence of some very unrealistic expectations on 5 clubs and their players, officials and fans!

Is Winsford the only place it rained last night as i cant see any other games off in our area in Vase or either North west counties leagues.

Really!! o_O.

I realise that Winsford get priority over the pitch but we're in more desperate need of playing league games than them at the moment, so if the vase game was played on Monday then the league game on Wednesday wouldn't have to be rearranged and surely Winsford's could be rearranged considering they're not well behind on games like we are

Club newsletter just arrived in my in-box to say FA have said game "must" be played by Thursday. While I realise the pressures they are under to ensure the competition progresses, is this another example of FA intransigence and being distant from real life at this level? What happens if the country is hit by 4 days of rain?

Reactions: Ben
When will the FA understand that clubs in the Vase should not be expected to make midweek trips of more than 100miles. It's not rocket science, at this level work comes before football.

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 15.35.41.png

Back