• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Cup

...AND another top away day in the Vase - to real ale town AKA Atherton!

£1500 winnings for FA Cup & £600 for the Vase

Rising to £1925 & £800 for the next round

Reactions: Tez
Beat Maine road and Prescot Cables then it's is FC United away in the 1st Qualifying round, would be a fantastic financial boost

As Oldham groundshare at Atherton Colls could it not be the case that the Vase game could be played on a Friday or Sunday as well ?

Just noted Atherton Colls are home to Penistone Church so surely must be the case now.

Beat Maine road and Prescot Cables then it's is FC United away in the 1st Qualifying round, would be a fantastic financial boost

WOW!! Didn't see that one Bucko, what a carrot! But let's not get too ahead of ourselves - two very hard games before we can even start to think of that but isn't this brilliant? Dreams and aspirations......again!

No Flixton Villa in the Vase?

I don't think they competed in it last year either. Do you have to finish in a particular league position to qualify perhaps? Didn't notice Barnton or Remyca either; wonder if that's because they are new arrivals?

I don't think they competed in it last year either. Do you have to finish in a particular league position to qualify perhaps? Didn't notice Barnton or Remyca either; wonder if that's because they are new arrivals?

Not for the Vase Tez, steps 5 and 6 - all teams are eligible, must be another reason.

As for Barnton and Litherland they probably didn't enter as they were waiting for confirmation of their league placing and the entries have to be in by a certain date which I think may have been before their league appointment.

Good point. Maybe they neglected to enter? Knew there was a knot in the Secretary's hankie for some reason, but just couldn't put their finger on ......... why exactly? :rolleyes::oops:

Maine Road will be tough but it's a great incentive that we could play FC United if we get the two victories we need before that, I think this season we can really focus on doing as well as we can in the cups as we won't really have the distraction of fighting for a promotion place like we did last year (although I believe we are capable of being well up there near the top) and we certainly won't get relegated so the cup competitions are a priority this season imo. :scarf:

I believe we will have learnt so much from last year's semi finals that we should be fitter to last the course and have more quality. I believe some of there players have left from last year so it will be a different team that we face anyway.

With regards to the Vase, you couldn't have scripted that if you had tried! We surely couldn't lose out again to them could we? I'm sure we will be too good for them this time.

going to be in an intense season I think, I agree that we are good enough to avoid relegation, and a mid table finish will do me just fine, would like to see us have a good go at the cup competitions this year including the Cheshire snr cup

GREEN ARMY

A good solid top half/mid table finish would do me fine this season. I hope we can have a decent cup run this season as well, especially in the FA Cup with the incentive of potentially playing FC United in the First qualifying round. Now that would be some game.

Any update on which day the FA Cup game against Maine Rd might take place? I'm assuming Winsford would (quite rightly) opt to play their tie on the Saturday, which presumably just leaves Friday, Sunday or Monday ?

Back