• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ellis Allen

Josh Ollerenshaw available? Looked good against Stalybridge.

Had a fantastic attitude and did very well to come back from a horrific injury.

However, this is now the time for Damo to start the rebuild of the squad. It appears from his post match thoughts that a few will be through the door in the next week or so.
We do need to be supporting the younger players, rather than tearing them down. I'm not saying never criticise ever, but people need to understand that we have a very young squad. Ripping into them at the slightest mistake can ruin confidence and lead to a player with potential going elsewhere.
I'm sure some of them will read the forums and social media. They're not machines and quite a lot of the criticism has been unfair and hostile at times. It might be exaggerative and tongue in cheek, but that doesn't always come across with the written word.

Yesterday was a huge opportunity to have the drum going and have big support behind the team. Apart from a few minutes at the start and 10 minutes or so when we scored you could only hear the Witton supporters. Players can feed off the noise and get motivated by it. The atmosphere is something that we can affect. There's no reason why we can't have the same energy at a home game as an away game.

Onto Nantwich, hopefully a big New Year's Day following and we can all got behind the lads and secure the first win of the new regime.

Agreed, but football is also a game of opinions, and everyone is entitled to theirs.

Yes, a home game can be made to be as noisy as an away game, but everyone has a voice, not just the 20 of us that stand behind the drum. It might help if more people stand together at games, rather than walking past and moaning that a select few people haven't made as much noise as they would like them to.

If there was more noise, maybe more people would join in. Having someone on the drum could draw people over.

I personally don't stand around there because of the negativity from minute one. I'd prefer an encouraging atmosphere.

I'll play the drum if people stop being constantly negative.
You'll have to define negative to me mate, because yesterday, vs Stalybridge and even against AVRO. Our lot in the shed has been nothing but supportive of all players. Yesterday second half we were the loudest we've been for a long while.

Maybe I'm just there at bad times, then.

But my experience of the shed is continuous rumblings of discontent and constant criticising of the players. I just don't like negativity so maybe I read into it more than I should, but I find it frustrating when there's a lack of positivity.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just there at bad times, then.

But my experience of the shed is continuous rumblings of discontent and constant criticising of the players. I just don't like negativity so maybe I read into it more than I should, but I find it frustrating whe there's a lack of positivity.
Some people around us lot can be negative, I think its a result of how poor we have been this season, frustrations build up and most of the time its the players who get the brunt of it sadly.

I agree with your point re younger players, their confidence is already fragile enough.

I do always try to be positive and encourage the players but it can be hard when we’ve not had a lot to cheer in the last year or so.

Definitely up for getting as many fans signing, banging the drum and behind the team as possible home and away going forward as I do think that can make a difference.

Back