• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

DID YOU KNOW

Good answer Alan but again not quite right. Someone like Toddy might know but he might have gone on holiday again.

There were numerous clubs playing in the Northwich area between those dates any number of them could have played in red and white,there was one called Witton Villa they could have,the probability is there could have been more than two.

Going with Alan's answer Vics Res,in those days the reserve's were called Swifts and Vics Swifts would almost certainly play in red and white.

There were numerous clubs playing in the Northwich area between those dates any number of them could have played in red and white,there was one called Witton Villa they could have,the probability is there could have been more than two.
Sorry I didn't make my question clear, I meant the two big Northwich clubs that played in red and white.

Going with Alan's answer Vics Res,in those days the reserve's were called Swifts and Vics Swifts would almost certainly play in red and white.
Oh! The plot thickens!! No wonder you are obsessed with the Albs Toddy!

Paul what's this to do with Witton Albion Witton Villa were a totaly different club I have not mentioned them in this thread,I thought this was a serious Question not an attempt points score.We all know the answer now you have clarified you Question.

Just the one - Nelson.

Bootle formed in 1954 and AFC Darwen formed in 2009 are different club's to those which played in the Football League.

None then as Nelson are a different club too. Even Nelson's website references the former Football League club closing down in 1936. A new club with the same name formed following the war.

When a former Vics player "Micky" Heath playing for Witton Albion in a F.A.Cup game at The Central Ground broke his leg and a collection was taken for him on the ground.On the same day Vics were also playing at home ,the news soon spread down the town,whereupon Vics officials organised their own collection and a useful amount was raised for the player.

Paul what's this to do with Witton Albion Witton Villa were a totaly different club I have not mentioned them in this thread,I thought this was a serious Question not an attempt points score.We all know the answer now you have clarified you Question.
Toddy if you can't take a bit of banter then you shouldn't dish it out like you do.

Paul this thread is about interesting or uninteresting data,there are other threads for banter.You asked a Question which people took seriously and tried to reply.I can give and take banter,I have missed judged you Paul I thought you were genuinely interested in the the history and trivia from the past of local clubs,and I have tried to answer any Question's you have asked.

I am extremely interested in the history of local football Toddy and its interesting that you have created your own threads for banter but you don't like it on others. The simple fact is no-one has been able to answer my question yet. To reiterate my question was which two of the main Northwich football clubs between the years 1875 and 1939 played in red and white?

Who are the only two clubs that did not produce a programme for competitive match's against 1874 in the three season's we have been playing?.

Back