• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Curzon Ashton v AFC Wimbledon

Why do you think doctors and nurses are paid so little in comparison to top level footballers, Pete?
Because doctors and nurses are paid out of the public purse and that is down to the government. The government is given power by the electorate and if we are dissatisfied with what they are paid then the answer lies with you and me and the rest of the electorate.
The electorate hasn't demanded change so they are paid what we think they are worth.

It's the same in any field of work - if you have the power to make the decision on pay you will set it at a level to suit your interests. In most areas it is the employer, in the wider service sector the level often is set on the principle of "what do I think the customer/client would be prepared to pay?" and thus becomes a bit of a negotiation, in the world of football the players (and their agents) follow this latter principle and have tipped the balance of power more in their favour, particularly with all the TV money sloshing around in the PL, though ultimately we could say that the fault there lies in the general public's willingness to accept the TV subscription costs Sky and co ask of them. Yes, it is in many cases an obscene amount of money when you look at the parlous state of other areas of our society, but I wouldn't blame the players. Get it while you can, and get as much as they will be happy to pay you - that works for little me in business, so I can't complain if it works for them too.

I still think it's a shame that NL clubs won't get a slice of TV glory (and money), though.

I don't blame the player's,I just think it's out of all proportion for what the do.

"I still think it's a shame that NL clubs won't get a slice of TV glory (and money), though"
I don't know the potential viewing figures for FA Cup games but personally I would choose non league v league opposition where there is a decent chance of an upset any time. PL and many championship teams don't field their strongest teams anyway. In addition I would like one of the pundits to be someone with extensive knowledge of non league. The patronising attitude annoys me no end. Sometimes I think they would not be surprised to see some players come out in wellies chewing on a long stem of grass.

Back