• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Counties Watch 23/34

Lee Duckworth has also resigned as Winsford manager. What would thoughts be on an ex 74 player such as him or Stu Wellstead who know the club and what it stands for being the new manager? Get that they may not know the Midlands League, experience, contacts etc… and not saying they should be chosen or would be the right move. Just putting it out there to gauge views, generate discussion.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Town beat Ams in front of 1200 in the Wyth derby
Bury won as well

As it stands Town can get 98 points, Ammies & Bury 97

Skem chairman with a cunning plan...

Skelmersdale United Football Syndicate.

I’m looking for a minimum of 20-people that will join me on a football journey next season.

For a £2,000 investment you will play a part in the revival of the club as we seek fame and fortune on the pitch.

No financial returns for your investment, but what you do get is the opportunity to play a big part in the success of the football club…and a bit of fun thrown in as
well.

I’m looking for a minimum of 20-people that will join me on a football journey next season.

For a £2,000 investment you will play a part in the revival of the club as we seek fame and fortune on the pitch.

No financial returns for your investment, but what you do get is the opportunity to play a big part in the success of the football club…and a bit of fun thrown in as
well.
Haha should we do this as well?? Sound plan that!

well.
Do they get a voice and/or a vote for that £2k I wonder 🤔 I’m thinking not. So why not say it like it is, we’re looking for twenty people to donate £2k and bask in the warm glow that a chunk of your bank balance has disappeared with no guarantee the scheme will work anyway 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Really interesting promotion race this season. Both Wythenshawe clubs along with Bury are all now guaranteed at least the play-offs now. Kendal, Padiham Prestwich or Chadderton could join them.

Attachments

• F598B294-6874-48B4-8B22-0BBAD926BC8C.jpeg
    F598B294-6874-48B4-8B22-0BBAD926BC8C.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1
More weather related chaos

Tonights games include
Winsford v Cammel Laird - at Burscough
Padiham v Colne at Darwen

Tomorrow sees Nelson playing a home game at Clitheroe
And on Friday Ilkey Town are providing a pitch for Colne

• Wow
Reactions: Tez
More weather related chaos

Tonights games include
Winsford v Cammel Laird - at Burscough
Padiham v Colne at Darwen

Tomorrow sees Nelson playing a home game at Clitheroe
And on Friday Ilkey Town are providing a pitch for Colne
Winsford at burscough is a distance. With them already relegated (I think) I don't imagine them getting much of a crowd to cover their costs!

There's no relegations in D1S this year as Ellesmere are classed as bottom.
Mark, I assume you are right. The Counties website shows them and Market Drayton below the line with Ellesmere, although I see they have not put the dreaded (R) against them

1712763242484.png

Mark, I assume you are right. The Counties website shows them and Market Drayton below the line with Ellesmere, although I see they have not put the dreaded (R) against them

View attachment 2628
Peter Miller is a good account to follow for this sort of thing:

His sheet here shows that it's 100% certain for Winsford to be reprieved:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uqfk5j-Vo9NSYXlXOHuEhl20VrvlxW99f6o8vLwFuYk/edit#gid=1538740871

However as the Counties podcast points out, Winsford and Market Drayton are relegation positions and it’s down to the FA to rubber stamp the reprieves, a great opportunity for a bit of a get together with tea and biccies), hence the presence of the line above third bottom (Ellesmere bottom even though they didn’t kick a ball).
As Mark states, it’s pretty nailed on they will be reprieved.

Peter Miller is a good account to follow for this sort of thing:

His sheet here shows that it's 100% certain for Winsford to be reprieved:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uqfk5j-Vo9NSYXlXOHuEhl20VrvlxW99f6o8vLwFuYk/edit#gid=1538740871

That's an excellent site he has. Very informative and well worth a read

However as the Counties podcast points out, Winsford and Market Drayton are relegation positions and it’s down to the FA to rubber stamp the reprieves
Well it is and it isn't. The reprieves are given out by PPG and Winsford have a PPG that can't be caught. So there's no possible way the FA could do anything different without breaking their own rulebook (and in that case they would win an appeal anyway).

4-2 win for Winsford at Burscough in front of 72 fans. A result which puts them above Market Drayton with 1 game left. Technically they can still finish outside the bottom 3 but need to win their last game and New Mills to get no more than 2 points from their remaining 3 games. Unlikely Market Drayton will climb above them as they've the lost the last 21 games in all competitions.

In fairness the Winsford home game was played at Burscough

Two games to go & all to play for

Remaining games

Saturday 13th
Bury v Padiham
Chadderton v Wyth Town
Wyth v Burscough

Padiham & Chadderton are both chasing the play-offs.

Saturday 20th
Ramsbottom v Bury
Squires Gate v Wyth
Wyth Town v Skem

Back