• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Colne (H) - 14th March

Congratulations to Colne - 8 wins on the bounce tells us that they are a team in top form.

Whilst we were not at our best, the team kept going till the end, our discipline was good and not one player 'gave up'.

Vicki is spot on - get behind the team they have been fantastic this season.

One thing our team is spot on at is responding to a defeat, they don't have many so that must tell you something...bring on Liverpool!

We all watch higher level football then seem to get disappointed when the standard is poor.
What we fail to remember is that these guys work at a job then turn out for our entertainment to do the best they can in the name of 1874.
Some days (and more often than most), we perform well, a great achievement for such a short history.
Some days things go badly, as did Saturday.
Trying to name and shame players get us nowhere. How would certain people feel if we had name and shame supporters posts for those not having a 'good supporting day'.
We are out of the title race so now is a perfect time to try new systems and players to see what does and doesn't work and I for one applaud the effort of the manager for this.
Let's keep putting that fiver through the turnstiles and be grateful we have a team to follow that's getting a good financial base, pushing at the top of the table and giving us something to talk about on a Monday morning again!.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Evening all, just about calmed down after that last game. The lads looked tired to me and I'm not one to single out players but I think it's time to get rid of Matty cookie. Great servant but there's no place for sentiment in this game. His kicking has been cahoots all year! (Apologies about the swearing) Move him upstairs where he can't cost us anymore points.
Up the greens!

Evening all, just about calmed down after that last game. The lads looked tired to me and I'm not one to single out players but I think it's time to get rid of Matty cookie. Great servant but there's no place for sentiment in this game. His kicking has been cahoots all year! (Apologies about the swearing) Move him upstairs where he can't cost us anymore points.
Up the greens!
Skidder, you need your bumps feeling!!
Matt is one of the best keepers around at this level and would give blood for this club.
No one is 100 % perfect, but 90% will do for me.

Doubt he is 1 of our fans Steve like 1874 eva isn't either how can anyone say that about our Conks heard fans trying to get the chant going the other night lets all do the Conkie

Up the greens!

Couldn't agree more skidder! Conceding from corners yet again, not enough bravery between the sticks anymore, I fear his time is up.
Sad, but comes to us all...

Not sure how there can be any disagreement that we concede too many from balls in the box? And just cos I can't get to every single game or am a new member doesn't make the point any less valid?
If new members don't get the same right to have a say then what's the point of a forum?

Not sure how there can be any disagreement that we concede too many from balls in the box? And just cos I can't get to every single game or am a new member doesn't make the point any less valid?
If new members don't get the same right to have a say then what's the point of a forum?

Do we actually concede a lot of goals from set pieces & crosses?
Against Linnets maybe? Although neither the 1st or 3rd cross could have been cut out by our keeper.
I'd say most goals have come from teams playing through balls that split the centre halves.

New members are always welcome here, but it just looks strange that two first time posters both chose today to have a pop at Matt Conkie

Do we actually concede a lot of goals from set pieces & crosses?
Against Linnets maybe? Although neither the 1st or 3rd cross could have been cut out by our keeper.
I'd say most goals have come from teams playing through balls that split the centre halves.

New members are always welcome here, but it just looks strange that two first time posters both chose today to have a pop at Matt Conkie

I think we do more than most, although get your point that we concede a fair few like that too.
Just my observation, look out for it.

Get rid of conks? Best keeper in the league. Just look at our record over the last two years.

To be fair, looking at the JRFC forum it must be pretty lonely on there with only a couple of (the same people) posting anything and nothing very interesting at that! ...... much more exciting on here..... and to the inital post from skidmark... can he at least get Conkies name right...... or do we really have a player called Matty Cookie?? in which case, skidmark is correct and we need to get rid as he hasn't played all season... Toddy, can you check your records to see if skidmark is correct :)

Not sure what theJRFC is, only site I post on is the team I support, 74TID! It saddens me that my posts are ridiculed by fellow 74ers, that's a copyrighted trademark so don't think of trying to rob it, when I articulate my points. I draw your gaze to last weekends dissapointing all square with squires, who cost us the three? The very same Matty Conkie, sorry about typo in initial post, autocorrected! As I said not one to round on players but my point is reinforced by his inept performance, flapping at crosses like a bloody octopus!
Up the 74ers!

Back