• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

CoL game

Would have taken a draw before the game. But having seen how poor Liverpool are it is a little frustrating. But no complaints from me, tired legs are the price you pu for a giant killing! Plus, 15 unbeaten!

If we'd played with Width from the start we would have won that. Look forward to the reverse fixture.

Bit off with my attendance prediction - was expecting 200 odd from Liverpool, can't have been more than 50 of them!

Last edited:
We deserved more from that, however after making a nunber of changes and changing the formation, ill take that!

Well done to the lads for keeping on fighting till the end!

Firstly well done to the lads for the second half display and deserved equaliser
Good result with 4 players missing
How the 5 stayed on I don't know but the ref was weak and they got away with murder
Hopefully the manager's learnt something about some of the player's tonight much better when Taylor came on

Would have taken a draw before the game. But having seen how poor Liverpool are it is a little frustrating. But no complaints from me, tired legs are the price you pu for a giant killing! Plus, 15 unbeaten!

If we'd played with Width from the start we would have won that. Look forward to the reverse fixture.

Bit off with my attendance prediction - was expecting 200 odd from Liverpool, can't have been more than 50 of them!

Most of them must have been at home watching Liverpool get dumped out of the League Cup!;)

Thought a point was fair in the end tbh, they didn't have anything going forward but after getting their early goal they dug in and stopped us from playing, they won everything in the air and were first to pretty much everything.

Having Mark Jones back is going to be like having 2 or 3 new players and even then I think we could do with another tough tackling midfield player as Jake and Kazim are more like number 10's rather then central midfielders.

A lot more will have been learned from tonight than last Sunday.

Credit to the team though, we all turned to each other on the terrace with 10 mins to go and said this was the AFC Liverpool 1-0 off the guys back all over again. We wouldn't have got anything out of that in previous seasons. The drive to get results is there even when the performance isn't and that is fantastic.

A poor game compared to recent games. However, I totally understand that there were many tired legs out there. 2 days between fixtures and working is no rest.
We deserved more! We had 10 shots within a yard of the post.
Very sad that the ref awarded a penalty to us on 75 mins and then changed his mind. Could have stamped more authority on the game. I would have sent off players that got on my face.
Would have liked to see Clayton on tonight. There was a chance as I think Woods had another terrible game!
On a hugely positive note, I'm extremely pleased with the fight and spirit in the team especially in the 2nd half.
Hope we can get the case on Sunday.
Onwards and upwards.

Reactions: Ben
Priitchard is growing with every game, Jackson is consistent, Meadowcroft has done well, Connors is still excellent and tonight I thought Jack Lever came in and did well. Add to that DT, sorry Mitch do we really need him.

Give me another striker or attacking midfielder, that's where we need more quality in my opinion.

Reactions: Ben
Jack Lever played well.
I've said about Jackson and Pritchard, both tremendous players.
Woolleu brilliant again. Scotty hungry and tireless. Taylor was brilliant when he came on.

Certainly missed Meadowcroft tonight at the back, he's a calming influence and a hell of an organiser.
I admire the managements decision to try something different and admire them even more for realising at h/t it isn't working and switching to the familiar formation the players are comfortable with.
We were still in the dressing room when they scored the opening goal and didn't get started but we are still unbeaten. I feel that we need a stronger bench as outside of our first 11 we look pretty weak.

Back