• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

CoL game

Mitch playing alongside Pritchard would be ideal Imo, Meadowcroft has done well but his age is against him being a long term option and Danny Thomas is a squad player at best Imo, Kaz And Jake are natural attacking midfielders and that why I think that we could do with another natural CM player

Once Mark Jones is in the middle with Matt Woolley, surely that will be the best centre midfield pairing in the league.

Great determination again last night considering the quick turn around in game time.
I was never his biggest fan, but I must admit Matt Woolley is playing superb this season! What a change in management can do for a player!
Back 4 were solid again, and despite getting caught cold early (probably due to the new line up), were never really troubled after that.
Jake Parker gets better each game, and Scotty must has something in his drink!!....does that guy ever stop running??
Slight disappointment....out of the four guys given a start last night, only Jack Lever looked like he wanted it!.
For me Kazim, Ben and Kyle didn't look like players that wanted or deserve a start! The gap in midfield at times was enormous!!
Don't need Mitch back but we do need midfield cover and another striker that can take some of the pressure of Scotty!
Well done again on a point won in a game we would have lost last season...that fitness is paying off.

Don't need Mitch - Meadowcroft and Pritchard doing a fine job. Lever showed last night he's more than capable for cover. Danny Thomas could also be back in contention soon. And if things get really desperate at the back, Mark Jones and Matt Woolley can fill in.

Midfield is where I think we need to strengthen.

I was never his biggest fan, but I must admit Matt Woolley is playing superb this season! What a change in management can do for a player!
I too had reservations, but wow what confidence can do! And long may it continue, I'm sure the lad could have walked last season when he wasn't being picked despite being club captain. Aren't we glad he stayed with the new management.

Once Mark Jones is in the middle with Matt Woolley, surely that will be the best centre midfield pairing in the league.

Definitely but its when one of them is unbelievable we have a problem

So would I, but he couldn't just walk into the team at the moment and would he want that? Be a great addition to the bench.

Obviously not now but when meadowcroft moves on it'll be ideal to get Mitch back imo

Mitch playing alongside Pritchard would be ideal Imo, Meadowcroft has done well but his age is against him being a long term option and Danny Thomas is a squad player at best Imo, Kaz And Jake are natural attacking midfielders and that why I think that we could do with another natural CM player

As much as Mitch was a fantastic player for us, I don't think we need him. Meadowcroft and Pritchard have formed a strong partnership in the centre-half positions, with DT and Lever as other options and Jones and Wooley who can both play there.

For me, we need a bit more strength and depth in midfield and going forward. Like others have said, our starting 11 is strong but the rest of the squad could do with a bit of strengthening.

I think last night demonstrated this, although we again dug in well to get the equaliser that our improved second-half showing merited. In the end, a decent point against a good side who I think will be up there at the end of the season.

Although, it wasn't our best performance this season, the lads again showed the kind of fighting spirit that wasn't on show last campaign. Last night was another game we most probably would have lost last season. And our long unbeaten run remains intact!

Last edited:
I'm more then happy with a point against a strong solid side such as City Of Liverpool, especially just 2 days after a very tough competitive match against North Ferriby which I'm sure left a few tired legs.

Just one quick question, does anyone know when DT & Mark Jones will be back playing?

Back