• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Clitheroe v 74

Halvo1874

Legend
Aug 4, 2013
What can I say about that performance? I am so fed up. and angry they I am almost lost for words. I will leave Ito others to have their say, but suffice to say that this is one of the worst performance that I have seen from 1874 in all the time that I have been supporting them since the club was formed. Simply not good enough!

Absolutely terrible. Embarrassingly poor.

Our fantastic support deserves a lot better than that.

Enough is enough. Sad times.

Last edited:
Glad I didn’t go. Saw enough last week against Leek.
Not been a good match to watch yet this season.

Well did not think we would of been as bad as last week Well how wrong I was can take losing game not when there is no fight no Passions its hard to take and think it time for management to go no wonder are Attendance are down when the football is boring to watch

Said it on other thread but our superb away support today deserved so much better than it was served up. I have backed the management team since day one but unfortunately I think it’s time for a change.
Oddly enough - and I might be accused of being blindingly optimistic by saying this - but
I think that today might be a turning point as imo the reaction of the players at the end of the game was that they knew that the performance was simply not good enough.

They are a young side who have a huge amount to learn, but they are still making so many simple, unforced errors which are gifting goals to the opposition. In our last 3 away games we’ve conceded 12 goals and how many of them have the opposition had to work for??

Think we can all agree that performances have not been good for a long time now. Simply not good enough on all levels.

Anyone else notice this?? But it can come across sometimes as either naivety or an arrogance from the management to fail to recognise, or to make out at times in pre-match interviews that fans are wrong in our opinions on what we see game in game out. Reality check - we are not.

If this shower of shite continues for much longer, we will lose some hardcore support who are slowly becoming sick of the rubbish we are being presented with week in week out.

Last edited:
Ok so I wasn't there today so can't say much on the performance, I understand people's frustration at having to travel a fairly long distance for that result but let's but it into perspective, Clitheroe are a good side and are now top of the league and the current table actually to me shows a very obvious difference in quality between the top 10 teams and the bottom 10 (even if the points might be fairly close atm), imho we are just as good as the teams around us in that bottom 10 and those are the points that we need to take to stay in this league, I believe that the bottom 2 go down and if that's the case I find it difficult to believe that there are or will be at least 18 teams better than us so I'm sure we'll be ok

Ok so I wasn't there today so can't say much on the performance, I understand people's frustration at having to travel a fairly long distance for that result but let's but it into perspective, Clitheroe are a good side and are now top of the league and the current table actually to me shows a very obvious difference in quality between the top 10 teams and the bottom 10 (even if the points might be fairly close atm), imho we are just as good as the teams around us in that bottom 10 and those are the points that we need to take to stay in this league, I believe that the bottom 2 go down and if that's the case I find it difficult to believe that there are or will be at least 18 teams better than us so I'm sure we'll be ok
Today was awful and rightfully so questions must be asked about our current form.

But in successive weeks we’ve played the two teams that are likely to be No 1 and 2 in the table away from home, so in many respects the results weren’t surprising.

Today was awful and rightfully so questions must be asked about our current form.

But in successive weeks we’ve played the two teams that are likely to be No 1 and 2 in the table away from home, so in many respects the results weren’t surprising.
We also conceded 4 goals against Hanley who are a bottom 10 side.

In previous seasons we have got results against Leek and Clitheroe.

No one is saying we’re at their level on or off the pitch and they are clearly good sides but the performances against both in the last two games have been no where near up to standard. Nor have they for most of this season and the second half of last year. It’s been bad for a while now and most managers would be out of a job.

Even in the games we’ve won, it was unconvincing against Newcastle and CoL and Widnes both had plenty of chances to beat us as well. Looking at the table, we find ourselves in 17th just two points off the relegation places. There is a very real chance we could be in the bottom two soon. We’ve looked like relegation fodder most of the season.

Time for a change as others have said before it’s too late.

And lots of traffic here tonight about our game today and criticism of our management team, but oddly enough on the tumbleweed site known as the WAFC Forum there is little comment on their 4-0 home defeat v Trafford😳

Given the budget that they have at their disposal - particularly when compared to us - and the expectations that many Albion fans had pre season, things ain’t going so well at the moment

While I can’t comment on the game today as I wasn’t there, the above comments have shed much light on how poor today was. The management did begrudgingly listen to the fans and change the formation this season and show they do have other tactics up their sleeves formation wise, and defensively at times we have looked better. However the standard of football and the negative attitude to attacking and creating chances is unacceptable. We’ve conceded the third most in the league behind only Witton and hednesford while scoring the joint least. We are in a relegation battle, we were almost dragged into a relegation battle and it’s been coming since last season. things aren’t improving, the club has regressed further this season and we are seriously looking like a team who could be back in the counties next year. It really is not good enough, the management have had long enough to show they’re capable to improve performances, things haven’t improved, we’re now in the position I said we would be in a few months ago. They’ve had their time, it’s time to go.

And lots of traffic here tonight about our game today and criticism of our management team, but oddly enough on the tumbleweed site known as the WAFC Forum there is little comment on their 4-0 home defeat v Trafford😳

Given the budget that they have at their disposal - particularly when compared to us - and the expectations that many Albion fans had pre season, things ain’t going so well at the moment
Not much on their Twitter feed either! 😳

I wasn't at the game yesterday, so can't comment on that.
I would be very careful what you wish for, though. Sacking managers isn't always the answer and can have unforeseen consequences as well.
We are playing at the highest level we have ever played at and have had two rebuilds in two seasons following player departures. The pitch and our wage budget has seen players choose to go elsewhere.
However, boost the budget has now been announced and we do have extea funds to utilise, meaning we can be more aggressive with our signings.
There is a lot of talent and potential in the squad and it does shine through.
We have two big league games coming up in Bootle and Linnets. Linnets look the most beatable they have been since I started watching. See where we are in two weeks. We have played a lot of the top 7, so hopefully we can now pick up results against the teams around us, like we have been doing up to this point.
And remember...we are one win away from a cup final.

Sacking managers isn't always the answer and can have unforeseen consequences as well.
Remember the same being said when it was time for Ian Street to go.

Should we never sack/replace management on this logic when things clearly aren’t right? How long do we need to sit through drab games thinking why do we do this every week before you can pose the question?? Performances are almost as terrible as when we got rid of Streety - further, most of the games we get results we have laboured to that result..

Remember the same being said when it was time for Ian Street to go.

Should we never sack/replace management on this logic when things clearly aren’t right? How long do we need to sit through drab games thinking why do we do this every week before you can pose the question?? Performances are almost as terrible as when we got rid of Streety - further, most of the games we get results we have laboured to that result..
I wasn't here under Street, so I wouldn't know.

I'd say trust the process and it will come good. Middlesbrough were saying sack Carrick after 6 losses in the first 7. Then bounced back with 7 wins on the spin. Question the management by all means, but we have played a lot of the promotion and playoff contenders already. We have some tough, bit winnable games coming up...especially against the teams around and below us.

No team has a right to play incredible, attractive football. We are a mod to lower league club with low finances. We are punching above our weight with what we have. There's no shame in that.
3 points is 3 points regardless of how they are attained.

Last edited:
I wasn't here under Streer, so I wouldn't know.

I'd say trust the process and it will come good. Middlesbrough were saying sack Carrick after 6 losses in the first 7. Then bounced back with 7 wins on the spin. Question the management by all means, but we have played a lot of the promotion and playoff contenders already. We have some tough, bit winnable games coming up...especially against the teams around and below us.

No team has a right to play incredible, attractive football. We are a mod to lower league club with low finances. We are punching above our weight with what we have. There's no shame in that.
3 points is 3 points regardless of how they are attained.
Completely get trusting the process and would tend to agree - but the difference is, Carrick was 6/7 games into tenure, our management are 6 years in.

This is our third season in this league now and rather than build, we are regressing rapidly - last season was the warning shot and nothing is changing for the better and I can’t see light at the end of the tunnel currently.

Also, the notion we had a massive “rebuild” in the summer I can’t agree with. Yes we lost Joe, Kenzie and Liam - all key players. We lost Gardner and Tony also.

But we kept a massive bulk of the squad in the summer, we didn’t have to go out and get a completely new x11. We had to replace the first 3 mentioned and add a striker - which the management had the best part of 6 months including last year to prepare for (still didn’t rectify come the first game of this season. Gardner and Tony I would argue didn’t need to be replaced per say.

Back