• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cammell Laird - Tuesday 6th September

With Eddie Moran and Kirky leaving we definitely need to bring some players in, the bench has looked far too thin lately

4-3-3 used to end up as 4-5-1 when we've played it in the past. Seem to look like a proper 4-3-3 the other night.

With Eddie Moran and Kirky leaving we definitely need to bring some players in, the bench has looked far too thin lately

Maybe so but I've thought that since we trimmed it down a bit that we've played a lot better. Personally I think our centre midfield is looking the best it's ever been, even with the departures.

Trying to fit too many quality players into the squad is bound to unsettle things a bit. Let's see how we get on with the lads we have and have a moan when it actually isnt working, yeah?

Good performance Tuesday especially first half, did what we had to against a very poor laird side second half
Just a bit concerned we have quite a few fans missing and need to attract them back
Hope results like this will bring some back

Gents.

Please remember that it is difficult to have a "settled" side when our players have careers, family, holidays and 101 other things to do than entertaining us.
Oh! and we dont pay them either!

Really good performance, more performances like that and the gates will start to climb. I'm glad McGowan is now getting playing time, easily our most clinical striker at the moment, doesn't need more than one chance to score.

Good team performance to boot and we got the score that the performance warranted. The next two games will see how far we have come and what we are made of. WD&C will be the toughest and Linnets we always struggle against.

Not bothered about playing WDAC because I know our lads are better and if we turn up on the day the 3 points are ours, also not bothered about linnets because it'll probably be a fair game for a change without the refereeing of mr white and if that happens then we will take 3 points

Not bothered about playing WDAC because I know our lads are better and if we turn up on the day the 3 points are ours, also not bothered about linnets because it'll probably be a fair game for a change without the refereeing of mr white and if that happens then we will take 3 points

Personally, I think we should be wary of what West Dids can do to us on Saturday. We do have a good record against them, but if I'm right we played both our league games and the FA Cup games by September and they finished the season rather strongly as well. To be honest, I don't know anything about who they have now, but they still have started the season very well, so that's why I'm a bit wary of them. I think we should keep in mind they have a good setup there and out of all the Manchester clubs in our league, probably the best of the lot in that area and have more ambition about them compared to others, so can attract good Mancs to them and I imagine that's the case given the results they've had so far. This isn't to say we can't beat them or anything, but I think this will be the toughest of the games we've had against so far. You're right in that if we turn up, we will win, given the squad we have, but there's an emphasis on the phrase, turn up. We saw what happened against Colne after all.

Linnets. Well, again, I think we should be wary. They've struggled to start off with, but to be honest, I wished we played them about 2 weeks ago because they've started to pick up a bit with regards to results, something they are known for, even if their performances flatter to deceive sometimes. Again, this isn't to say we can't beat them and this is probably their weakest squad on paper in the time we've been in the same league, along with ours being arguably our strongest on paper and we definitely will cause them problems in the match. Like against West Dids, we need to turn up, whether we can do that after what will presumably be a tough game on Saturday, remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful, but not confident, but I think that's just down to our previous encounters against them, we're due a win against them at some point. If we can get that next week to go with 3 points on Saturday, that's job bloody well done in my view and sets us up perfectly for the next however many games.

I tell you what, I'm looking forward to this next week!! :scarf:

Back