• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bootle match day thread

Blimey, that's a tough finish!
Got colne away in the closing month of the season too Stebiggy. If we are still in with a shout at that stage it cod be one hell of a climax!

Did alsager fall asleep in the last minute yesterday? Bizarre end to the game from here

Thought the whole team were very good yesterday, going forward Bootle couldn't deal with us and we had enough chances to of easily scored 10, defensively we were solid apart from the slight mistake due to the weather, their goals had the bit of luck, first was a big deflection and the second was a bit offside (apparently)

A good win, Brooks and Hall had great debuts, on to the next one!

Got colne away in the closing month of the season too Stebiggy. If we are still in with a shout at that stage it cod be one hell of a climax!

Did alsager fall asleep in the last minute yesterday? Bizarre end to the game from here

It's strange the way the work some of the fixtures in this league. You will undoubtedly of played some teams twice already, but don't play Colne at all until late March??

I'm quite cynical in my views on things like this and I don't think it's an accident with the fixtures that we have yourselves second to last, you have Colne last and we have Colne away 4th last of the season. Just like I wasn't surprised that we played Glossop on the last day of last season.

It's starting to shape up to be a very interesting ride home. My top 4 pre season was Us, Colne, Yourselves and Colls and I had Colne as favourites for the title, I still do. But really any from those 4 can win it. We are getting back to our best now, got over the difficulty of losing 5 big players last year which has forced us to adopt a new shape and have signed some crackers in the last few months, this week we got Tom Hardwick, a defender who captained Skelmersdale to the Northern Prem title and played for Warrington last year in their FA Cup glory.

Same for you lot, I've been reading with interest your comments about Conkie/Hall. I've seen Conkie countless times over the years against us and never rated him, takes far too many unnecessary risks, your defence will have done more for his clean sheet record than he did. But you all have no idea yet how good a keeper you have signed in Hall. He is the best in the league without a doubt. Makes the odd mistake but will win you 10-15 points over a season that otherwise you would of lost.

Colne and Colls are different and a relying on largely more established squads from last season and beyond, which is what we have done up until this season and is without doubt the best way to build a title challenging team.

It's going to be fascinating!

As for yesterday, I wasn't there but the word is that Alsager put up a good fight but it was mainly a case of them holding out well until we got a second then they crumbled. We hit the woodwork 4 times in the second half and had one disallowed. They will be ok with him as manager.

It is always interesting to see other people's thoughts on a game and how they may differ from your own. I thought yesterday's game was an excellent advert for the NWCFL in atrocious conditions with two teams trying to play football, assisted by a refereeing team who did not want to be the stars of the game. Not sure why either no 10 was booked though. Also, if we could have got a hat-full and they never troubled our defence - what was the reason for the bullet header from their no 11 in the first half which just missed with no-one near him and the amazing miss from about 2 yards of their no 9 when he headed over? Also a brilliant save from Hall from a corner although I don't think he knew much about it! Shame Chubb's battery ran out and there is nothing after our second goal (which looked to have a hint of offside in the build up to me, but well taken by Ben) available.

Jack, was right behind the liner for their second goal and he wasn't offside.... in fact he was easily on and timed his run to perfection... was actually sat next to Roly Howard (Marines ex manager of 30 years and a really nice fella!) he was saying it was the best game of football he had seen for a few seasons, with both teams playing their part... he was particularly complimentary about Ben Brookes and Woolley!

Not trying to put a downer on anything I was answering the question of whether I thought we could win the league, Imo Linnets and Colne will be too far ahead
(after the games in hand) and also Bootle and Colls look strong so it will be very tough for us to get third Imo, however that's not to say that we don't have a chance.
Josh, all we can do is keep winning our games and hope for some slip-ups from the teams around us. This is a very tough league with some strong teams - Linnets, Colne and Colls amongst a few, and if we don't go up this year, it isn't the end of the world. I'd be happy staying in this league for a few more seasons yet and continuing to build as a club, whilst knowing we're doing things the right way living within our means.

Shame Chubb's battery ran out and there is nothing after our second goal.

I'm afraid it's worse than that Richard. Water seems to have got into the camera due to the horizontal rain in the second half and in addition to the camera not working at all now, all yesterdays footage was corrupted, so no highlights at all. Maybe some time before 1874 TV returns:oops::arghh

Being as the highlights are for the good of everyone supporting the club could the club not make a donation for a new one?

Being as the highlights are for the good of everyone supporting the club could the club not make a donation for a new one?
Blackie, please see other thread about 1874TV. Not as bad as originally thought. ;)
BTW the club owns the equipment not I (I'm just the monkey with the opposable thumb that operates), so any repairs or future replacements would be at the clubs expense.

Back