• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bootle match day thread

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Team news- Kirk is out according to twitter.
Louis James returned to training during the week.

Skem have sign Dom Marie this week. He scored a hat-trick against us earlier this season.

Shout box is up & running for the game

Any idea what the attendance was today; looked like a decent enough '74 following?

What a massive win that is only thing is I cannot see the likes of Colne and Linnetts and even Colls losing to many games as we all know there's a huge gap between the top 4 and the rest of the division what is realistic now going for 2nd or 3rd spot for me but reckon many will still believe we can win the title thoughts?

Very good performance. 3-2 flattered Bootle, could've (should've) been 5 or 6

I think 3rd at best for us this season but its going to be tough to get even that imo.

Great team performance in miserable conditions; thought Ben brooks had a great game, but tired towards the end of the game, Greg was excellent in goal, couldn't blame him for any of the goals, his handling and kicking was awesome. Beads took his goals well and for me Woolley was MOM, great result & performance

From down here it sounds like a great result - and all we can do is continue to produce such results and see where it takes us.

Nice way of putting a downer on one of the performances of the season

Not trying to put a downer on anything I was answering the question of whether I thought we could win the league, Imo Linnets and Colne will be too far ahead
(after the games in hand) and also Bootle and Colls look strong so it will be very tough for us to get third Imo, however that's not to say that we don't have a chance.

Who's to say they're going to win all their games in hand though? They may well do that, but just because they have games in hand doesn't mean they are going to have maximum points from those games.

That's true but in my opinion both Linnets and Colne have overall stronger squads and are more consistent.

Been trying to look this Brooks guy up who you have signed as I had never heard of him. Seems to of been a bit of a Nomad this season, started out at Glossop but only played a couple of games for them. Then went to Stockport Town and there website has him down as a wideman who played 8 times for them. I also found references to playing for Cheadle Town recently.

Very impressive goal scoring record. Always interesting to see if players can drag form like that through to a much higher level.

Good win for you today. The top 4 ( I'm including Colls in that ) are just starting to peel away from the pack. When's our return fixture?

We play you on the 23rd of April, which is our penultimate fixture, Colne being our final fixture.

Back