• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Big game tonight!

Have to agree with Alan what a game keeper for Rochdale outstanding . The Formby manager gave a torrent of abuse to the Rochdale faithful at the final whistle ! Well out of order .

Although a great result for us last night, lets not get carried away..... it's not a done deal just yet....big games to play over the next couple of weeks (not just the formby game) hate to slip up on one of the others... however it goes, it's been one hell of a season.... i truely think if we had the squad at the start of the season that we have now, we would be well clear of everybody... great job so far ... lets try and finish it off! :)

Lets not forget Formby have been the better team in the 3 games we've played against them, so while we should be grateful for the slight chink in their armour, the battle is a long way from over yet!!

Formby played very well last night and are still a formidable team. They got caught by some fantastic finishing from Rochdale.

Hopefully we can do the same.

They probably had 65% of the game and 75% of the chances and still lost. We need to do our best to keep up the pressure before and after the massive game a week on Saturday. We could be in a cup final before that, lets not forget about tomorrow!!

Edge of seat stuff from afar, and they've done us a huge favour there.
It certainly was heart stopping stuff from the comfort of the sofa down here too :eek:

Just to put a slight dampener on proceedings, I will be there on 19th and I have yet to see us win. ;)

Fortunate to witness a couple of wins, but our spectating form is err ..... decidedly patchy ..... and likewise we too will be making the trip up Easter Saturday. Get your Lucky Easter Bunny feet at the ready folks :D

Lets not forget Formby have been the better team in the 3 games we've played against them, so while we should be grateful for the slight chink in their armour, the battle is a long way from over yet!!

I agree, keeping feet firmly on terra firms here; still the same result needed at Formby regardless of what happened last night. Rochdale winning has given us a window of opportunity we need to grab. While the odds are stacked in our favour of a healthy win against Leek due to the unfortunate circumstances they find themselves in, even in my wildest dreams I can't see us rattling up a score which will make a significant dent on the goal difference, so a draw on Easter Saturday (as worthy as that might be at the time) just won't be enough.

Last edited:
Back