• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ashton game

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
2 0 down and probably the worst first half I have seen
Need to set about their shaky defence second half

This was always going to happen to be honest when we played a quality side like Ashton

How were the officials? Or was it the Tory Party conference's fault in Manchester this week....

Not good at all.

Formation was mind blowing. Why play Brandon in midfield?! 1 up front doesn't work, don't know how many times thats been said on here!

Can't believe it was the same side that played on Saturday, never got going.... Not good! For me only Jackson and Paul C come out with any credit.... And the pies were rubbish.

Anyway, see you Saturday for a day out at the seaside!

Did we have injuries that forced formation changes.....otherwise why change it?

Blackie, same side and formation from Saturday but performance was miles apart. Should have changed formation midway through the first half when it was obvious it wasn't working against a good Ashton side, but we continued playing the same way.... Not sure if the bench expected a different result!

Cannot believe what I watched tonight, Won't single anybody out but we are weaker this season than last.
We need a replacement for Chappie quickly as we have nobody to do what he did, This is the same Ashton who were spanked 3 by Linnetts on saturday.
Dissappointing for the 120 or so greens who made the trip.

You can tell witton have won one.............

Didn't go but a disappointing result. From what I've seen, we're not as good as last season and there are a number of better teams than us. Again, not singling any players out but question marks over both the defence and midfield. With the exception of the forward line and keeper, changes are needed IMO.

Last edited:
Beaten by a far better team tonight. 4-0 a bit harsh but didn't deserve anything.
Stand up Paul Connor and maybe one or two others but the rest can sit down as the majority were just not at the races tonight.
Massive gaps in midfield tonight and we can call our defence but when there's 2 or 3 coming at you it is difficult. The number of goals we concede with Conkie 1 on 1 is also a good yardstick. The goals against column does not make good reading.
I'll leave there and hope that we get a bit more stability to the formation.
See you all Saturday.

Well , not much idea seems to me ,a lot of the time we had four up front ,then when it broke down which was often that left two in middle were over run by good passing team ,need midfielders on the pitch not bench playing mike in centre mid the mind boggles

Poor night all round. Ashton were by far the better side and deserved to win comfortably. Didn't carry enough threat going forwards, the midfield was being over run and the defence struggled to deal with Ashton's attacks.

Anyone know where Ian was tonight?

Just as you start to think our season was picking up again, it all crashes down like that...

On Saturday, the formation suited us, we were the home side, but today, away from home at a side who were beaten by Linnets on Saturday, we should of gone 5 in midfield not 2 and it was proven.

That first half was complete and utter domination from start to finish, they passed us to death and deserved their lead.

The players tried but they seemed to lack, energy, enthusiasm and a bit of go!

Which is everything they showed on Saturday...

On to Saturday, a good trip out and HOPEFULLY 3 points!!!

P.s. DEFEND, HEAD AWAY, JUST STOP CONCEEDING GOALS!

Lucky Ian !, without doubt we were shown how the game should be played, out classed in all ways and it could have been more. Hey Ho, on to Sat !!.

Back