• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

AGM Tonight

Jack has indicated that he is willing to join the group.
All are welcome, but what we need is constructive ideas that are capable of being put into action.
Many ideas picked out of the air can be impractical or against league rules.
All ideas will be looked at, all supporters will be free to ask for details of progress.
However I can't promise that a running commentary will be broadcast on a public forum.
If you have a question, ask me and I will give you an honest answer.

I have ideas, ideas which can now be aired within this group that will be set up to focus on attendances and growing 1874 Northwich FC.

I will keep anyone who is interested, up to date on what we are doing.

I, for one, am very happy with this formation of an action group, it allows a number of supporters to put ideas in to action and potentially take OUR club to the next level in terms of support.

Come on people, get involved, its OUR club!

I'm with Tony on the shareholder point. "Fan-run" yes, but it is the fans who are prepared to commit to "ownership", and pay for that commitment, who do the running. There are plenty of fans who choose to remain simply "fans", and that's fine too.
£10 per year for a say in the direction that the club goes is a bargain.

Now we just have to convince residents to become fans, fans to become owners, bronze owners to become silver, and silver to ...?

...what we need is constructive ideas that are capable of being put into action.
Many ideas picked out of the air can be impractical or against league rules.

You never did tell me what was wrong with my 'kidnap a mate double the gate' idea. Was it the league rules thing?

In my opinion - no. But I do think it'd be a good idea to give all members entry to the 300 club as an incentive.
Paying £10 per annum and then getting entry to the monthly draw would be unfair on other contributors and could impact on total takings. The other way round (you get membership for joining the 300 club) would boost membership which is needed when the funding applications commence.

Reactions: Ben
I wasn't thinking of entry into the monthly draw - rather one entry into one of the quarterly(?) big draws say.

But in any case, and on reflection, maybe we shouldn't mix the different ways people can contribute to the club and let people choose what's right for them. We all part with our hard-earned cash and place different value on different things.

If I had to choose, I'd happily forego attendance at two games to cover the cost of membership but I wouldn't forego attendance at one game to buy 6 extra 50/50 tickets. Others value membership - and the right to vote - less highly, preferring to put money into something where's there's a chance of getting money back. If we all thought the same we wouldn't need both Apple AND Samsung in this world.

It's a good point about membership numbers though and one - albeit intangible - benefit which isn't really mentioned. We should be pushing all ways people can contribute to the club but it makes sense that membership and attendance at games is how people who dish out grants would measure interest.

I am not a member (watch now and then) and not after any detail but is there any positive news on a new ground yet?? yes or no will do

Brief update...
All motions passed

Longer update.
Paul Stockton, James Wood, Guy Jewell & Brian Edge re-elected
Financial situation good - less income due to less FA Vase income (started a round later)
Branding - voted to change the badge from 1st July.
Ground - we have a preferred site, but nothing ruled out. Talks ongoing. Other clubs have taken 10 years to move, others are 5+ years and not moved yet
FWP gave a presentation on a generic ground plan for us - something that is good for step 5 through to step 3. Step 5/4 are very similar grading rules.

Brief update...
All motions passed

Longer update.
Paul Stockton, James Wood, Guy Jewell & Brian Edge re-elected
Financial situation good - less income due to less FA Vase income (started a round later)
Branding - voted to change the badge from 1st July.
Ground - we have a preferred site, but nothing ruled out. Talks ongoing. Other clubs have taken 10 years to move, others are 5+ years and not moved yet
FWP gave a presentation on a generic ground plan for us - something that is good for step 5 through to step 3. Step 5/4 are very similar grading rules.
Could not go to the meeting lastnight other clubs have taken 10 years to move we are not other clubs,the sooner we move gates may go up the longer we stay gates may dwindle.

One other thing - Special General Meeting re auditors in the New Year.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if this is wrong - when the Trust was an Industrial & Provident Society a full audit of the accounts was required. This cost £2500 last year.
Now we come under the new legislation then only a review of the accounts is required which is considerably cheaper.

other clubs have taken 10 years to move we are not other clubs,the sooner we move gates may go up the longer we stay gates may dwindle.

That is very true, but looking at it completely dispassionately and practically I would suggest that we might have to be patient on the ground front. I am sure those working on it are not dragging their heels and are not unaware of the sense of urgency amongst the fans.

I hope that real and substantial progress over the next 12 months can now be made by James and his stadium committee on finding us a ground in Northwich. We all know where is the favoured location and I would hope James will be able to present a very good case for getting any interested stakeholders involved with the idea of developing a new sporting facility and stadium for the benefit of not just our club but for the whole community. I know the road to the promised land will not be easy and will require a great deal of time, effort and finance, but hopefully James will be able to provide us with some further good news by the time of the next AGM. Incidentally, I was very impressed with the plans drawn up by FWP as a blueprint for a generic stadium and I am such that with the help of FWP that these plans come to fruition in the not too distant future, hopefully within the next 5 years. My hope is that some of our more senior fans will still see the day when the club is established with a ground in Northwich and then we can attract more of the Northwich public to come and support our club.

You never did tell me what was wrong with my 'kidnap a mate double the gate' idea. Was it the league rules thing?
I THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEA, I LOVE IT.
MARKETED IN THE RIGHT WAY COULD HIGHLIGHT THE DECREASING NUMBERS IN NON LEAGUE.
SOME GOOD PUBLICITY.

Another good point ,last nights 300 club draw had 339 entrants that's nearly treble the number we started with,so lets see if we can get it to 350 by Christmas.

As a member, I'm more than happy for non-members to know what's going on. After all, if you want to attract new people, it helps if they know what's going on!

You've got a point Andy, but (speaking as a non-member myself) you need to be able to have an incentive that would get fans to think 'If I become a member, I get to know this and get that and be able to do the other'.

The one thing that I think everyone should have available and known to them is how things are being run at the club, at the end of the day, that is something that's very important to us and a reason why this club was set up in the first place.

To be fair, we are selling this club as a fan run (not member run) club!
Due to money being very tight at the moment I'm still debating to join and pay £10 a month, probably others are in the same situation, but like many in this financially tight world, I'd like to know where my £10 is going first and what progress the club I'm paying my £6 to watch is making.
So it's hardly asking the world to be kept informed as to the progress and goals otherwise how are we a "fan run" club?, and if it's info that's probably going to end up on social media why not share it anyway and show current and potentially new supporters how open and honest we are!
I buy 50/50 tickets, golden goal, am in the 300 club and have purchased many items from the shop so just because I haven't become a member yet doesn't mean I'm "not interested", far from it, otherwise I wouldn't be asking!

Blackie - As dull as it might seem, we also need to consider the constitution and rules of the club which sets out some clear guidance and parameters about how it is run and managed.

So, the Directors / Board can't just ignore these.

After all, it was the fans in the first place who decided to set up a new club in accordance with these conditions

As such, the Board are governed by the wishes of the membership.

And therein lies the point.

Our Constitution clearly states that we are a members run company and as such it is eventually up to the membership to determine our way forward.

That is why the AGM is the main conduit for establishing the principal decision making process for the club.

But we also recognise that we have many fans that are not members and have little interest in being so.

It is for this exact reason why we as a club have organised so many 'non-members' events such as the beer festival, end of season and Xmas do, Race nights etc.

We've also had a couple of 'meet the manager / squad' nights and fans forums events that have been open to everyone at which we've given updates on matters such as stadium developments and the proposed changes to the 1874 Brand / Logo

All of these events were well publicised via the club website, newsletter, Twitter, facebook etc.

We can do better. And we want to do better.

But what we need from the current membership is people to come on board and share with us your views and ideas as to how we might take our super little football club to the next level!

The main difference is not in knowledge - everyone should be able to find out what is happening and indeed it makes good sense to spread the news as widely as possible, and I do not think that anyone has suggested otherwise - but in having the power to elect the Board, and to influence decisions and the direction the club takes by exercising a vote on proposals.

Back