• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

AGM Tonight

You've got a point Andy, but (speaking as a non-member myself) you need to be able to have an incentive that would get fans to think 'If I become a member, I get to know this and get that and be able to do the other'.

The one thing that I think everyone should have available and known to them is how things are being run at the club, at the end of the day, that is something that's very important to us and a reason why this club was set up in the first place.
Then become a Member! Simples!!

There is an incentive, as a member you get a vote and a say.

To attract New members, you've got to let them know what they'd get a vote and a say in

Nearly all clubs have shareholders but not many get a say for £10 a year, Even £10 a year helps the club so worth paying.

You've got a point Andy, but (speaking as a non-member myself) you need to be able to have an incentive that would get fans to think 'If I become a member, I get to know this and get that and be able to do the other'.

The one thing that I think everyone should have available and known to them is how things are being run at the club, at the end of the day, that is something that's very important to us and a reason why this club was set up in the first place.

To be honest Jack the club was set up by members of the Supporters Trust, they were the ones that cast the votes that got the ball rolling. I respect your opinion about passage of information but on the other hand what would be the incentive to being a member (co-owner), if the same information is given freely to non members and fans.

So my original question was can non members get a decent report from the agm...
To which I was told about paying for membership, people bringing in the 300 club into the equation and various other comments and negativity!
I didn't expect to vote on anything, get insider info or be named head of the secret squirrel society!!
Above has been published facts from the meeting by tez and chubbs (thanks gents), that was all I was asking about!
Hardly seemed worth all the other fuss tbh! :rolleyes:.

Think you might mean Edge not Tez. And Steve mentioned the "attendance committee".

Don't think anyone meant to imply there were that many secrets, it just turned into a general debate on the various levels of fandom and the various ways people contribute - nothing wrong with a bit of debate on the various levels and pros/cons.

And to be fair it was you who first brought the 300 club into the equation - have a look back through the posts. ;)

Yeah but are you joining or not Blackie? :D

The link between membership and information is a bit of a red herring. In terms of info, being a member only really ever gets you a 'scoop' when it comes to the AGM. And then only if you attend. The AGM contents are always disseminated later and, these days, it can happen almost in real time.

There's the odd thing, e.g., finer details of the new ground, which the board just has to keep close to its chest otherwise we wouldn't ever get a new ground.

The true benefit of membership is ownership not information. I reckon you get far more info just standing on the terraces!!

But "All the other fuss" still needs doing business wise, so what exactly are you after Mr Blackburn?

OK Blackie, I give in.
But I am interested as to why a fan as committed and interested as yourself would not want a real input into the running of the club that you support. This is a genuine enquiry with no hidden agenda but I just don't understand.

Dear lovely people,

We don't half make mountains out of molehills on this beloved Forum sometimes!!! Let's not have any angst about 'stuff', hey!

'Members' have certain rights, as deemed in our constitution. Then we have loyal supporters, who are not members but who need to be given updates because it is their Club. So, the Board will provide an update and I have offered to write it. I just need to find a little time and get my arse in gear.

Hope that helps....

Alan, it was in fact edge not tez....apologies edge!
The 300 club was used as an example, can't have a discussion without facts and references now can we? I know you love a good reference. ;).

Chubbs, think you misread. The 'fuss' was the messages in this thread, not business at the meeting. Not quite sure what you mean?
Just wanted an update on the general stuff which was, in the end, and partly by your good self, given.
Never wanted to vote as I don't pay for that privilege and just wantd to keep up on events and what's going on with the club.
Does that clear up what I am after? ;). Thanks for the name reveal btw, but think most know who I am. :rolleyes:.

Nicki, I never wanted the finer points. I'd rather shoot ny left foot off than give Buckley, dewsbury and co anything they could use against the club.
As for joining, I have been on the sick lately so money is tight approaching xmas.
My dog has also had an eye infection which has cost me a small fortune!! (And my dogs are always going to come before 74...fact!). So as soon as I can after Xmas I will join as a member.
I won't do £10 a year because I believe it's a cheap cop out (personal opinion, no offence meant to those who do....that's your choice).
I will pm you as soon as I do. :D.

B.Green, its purely financial (see above). I am still very Intrested in what's happening at the club.
We can't always afford what we want in life when we want it. (Not with my job anyway!). Hopefully post xmas I will better placed financially to become a member and won't have to ask a question that seemed to cause such a problem. o_O.

The whole thing ws meant as general 'how are we doing and what's going on" question.
Didn't mean to start a debate or offend. Apologies if it as.

Blackie - I don't think you offended anyone. That's what's great about this place and '74 more generally. We might all make mountains out of molehills but at least we have enough fans who care enough to do that, to have good healthy debate, and to do it in a civilised manner.

Hope your dog gets better soon! I'd have those same priorities.

Apology accepted :)
I would sum up the difference between ownership & non-ownership as everyone knows what's going on, but owners get to vote on things

Apologies if I caused any offence Blackie and look forward to you becoming a member in the future.
The more the better probably, as I presume we have more leverage then when it comes to applying for grants etc.

Apologies if I caused any offence Blackie and look forward to you becoming a member in the future.
The more the better probably, as I presume we have more leverage then when it comes to applying for grants etc.
No apologies needed, you didn't. But thanks anyway. ;).

Out of interest Steve,how is the recruitment for the sub-committee going,and when is the first meeting.

I haven't received any minutes yet, have they been sent out yet?

Back