• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

AFC liverpool Who's going, attendance and score please!

Much better team performance tonight.
Some realy good aproach play, strikers need to be a little sharper and a dose of good luck would no go amiss. Nice to see Sakeel get 90 mins, thought he did well and Matty Ward showed signs of what we know he can do.
No body said this year was going to be easy, but we have great potential to build on. Heads up, the goals will come. #COYG

A better performance than Sunday certainly. First Half unlucky to go in level as we had the chances. Second half even with the majority of possession we lacked that final ball to give us the chances to score. Our first league loss of the year so I suppose it was coming.

Some good performances tonight, from Saki, who I thought tried really hard, Conner again looked sharp and committed and I thought Duckworth did better tonight.

Short needs to realise that he can't score from every angle and must pass when players are in a better position than himself. Matty Ward I'll just agree with everyone else and needs dropping. The jury is still out on Andy Hurst I think as he hasn't had much time on the field, but hasn't really showed much up to now. Don't know what Mike Brandon had for tea but he seemed to lose the plot a little tonight.

One small footnote. I thought their Manager was excellent tonight. Not only did he encourage and guide their team to the win, he had time to have great banter with the crowd. Well done Paul Moore! And a nice tweet from one of their fans there tonight "Jus coming back from @1874Northwich great win for @AFCLiverpool hard thought but a proper a win brilliant atmosphere at there place tho"

Roll on Saturday!!

Much improved performance but the wrong result!

1874 should of been out of sight by half time. Very disappointing goal to concede. As an ex-keeper I think Matthew should be more domineering there and take control of his space by putting the defender at ease and claiming it, he looked usually nervous!

Some good performances, Wooley Connors Duckworth Farnworth all superb, but Abdula stood out, amazing.

Hurst needs more fitness so I think too soon for us to judge. Ward still not pulling his weight in midfield yet, why is he taking dead balls when he is clearly low on confidence? cant the management see this between the 3 of them? I still worry about Mitchell's positioning and constant ball watching.

Big improvement all round though, hopefully a win Saturday

Special mention for the Liverpool fans, I stood next to many of them and they were wry well spirited and many commented they had 'got away with a robbery tonight' good humour!

Come on the greens

I do not agree Matty Ward should be left out of the team,he was all over the field tonight,he has the vision to look for the right pass and some times it does not come off.On the whole I think we should have won ,but you can't miss the chance's we did and expect to win games.Having said that I think we played well.

Sorry forgot to mention Wooley tonight who I thought had a great game. Not sure where Danny was tonight but both stand out in the holding role but for me Wolleys now in the driving seat after tonight and Sunday's second half.

Good all round performance today from the lads. Should have been a few goals to the good early on in the game and just didnt take chances. We were much the better team. Disappointing (as ever) to see negative unconstructive criticism of our lads on here - quite frankly embarrassing to read as a fellow fan. Thought all of them worked bloody hard tonight. Saki looked sharp, ward much improved, attacking front line dangerous - different result if we'd have taken early lead

Ste1874, don't understand why you want to praise our lads even when they don't play well. Tonight was definitely better but some of our team still need to improve. Sure we all have our opinions which is what this forum is about so we should say what we think we saw. As I do with all game comments. I watch hell of a lot of football, not just our team.

Lets talk football!

Alan not sure what you expect from the team,the only thing wrong tonight was the finishing if we had scored early on the story would have been different.

I agree Toddy and Steve. Alan you are always the first to come on with negative comments and attack players. We need to get behind them as 1 club. Not simply see the forum as an opportunity to have a go at the players, must be very disheartening to read when try have been to work all day, worked their socks off and then get abuse.

Think to sum up the game tonight one simple comment is enough for the players - well done!

We can't win every game. This league was always going to be tougher and fans need to remember that the teams in it are of a better quality. Looking forward to Saturday now.

Should have been two up at the interval, woeful finishing is a problem we have to get on top of, first half chances were there for the taking !.

Hesitancy between defender and keeper gave them a stupid goal against the run play.

Reactions: pdw
Very negative comments last night from the usual people, I think some must have been written before a ball was kicked as I dont remember seeing anybody with a labrador and white stick at the game
I think sometimes the Ref and linesman had white sticks :cool:, But with the ref's name being MYCOCK I am surprised he didn't get more stick. The truth of the matter was : We got mugged last night but unfortunately we gave them the weapon to do it. We played really well and I think we will learn from this and move on the better and greater things :scarf: 1874 rules

AFC Liverpool were a solid side who worked to a plan. On another day we would have won if we finished our chances. We stuck at it again. It will come.

Really does make me cringe when we start calling out players on here. We lost an influential player at the end of last season because of this very reason.
Put it into context – what these lads are walking away with in their back pocket - to be criticised like they are after just one league defeat since December? Puddled.

As with last few games a really basic goal conceded – When Danny’s back in his usual position we will have that control back there.
We should have been out of sight but that little bit of composure wasn't there. Someone bagging every chance will come with a premium and that’s a route we don’t want to go down. Maybe Chris Lunn can be given a chance – I noticed he scored four last weekend for Middlewich Town?
We were very quiet last night – good to see Lee Jones back training – hopefully when he and Razza are back we can get a better shape and add a bit of grit. Actually thought one player we missed last night that could deliver was Daley Woods.

We ain’t going to storm it – what’s the rush? I am loving it.

Reactions: Ben
Very negative comments last night from the usual people, I think some must have been written before a ball was kicked as I dont remember seeing anybody with a labrador and white stick at the game

To be fair, those who commented paid their admission fee and are entitled to their point of view, as of course are you. I think the "usual people" have also been quick to praise too when they feel credit is deserved. Bottom line is, opinions are what make a forum; without them life would be very boring.

The players will know themselves if they haven't played well enough recently, as for criticism towards Matty Ward and Ryan Mitchell, Matty Ward last night was starting to show signs of his last season form with some of the crosses and runs he was making, a threat at times.

Ryan Mitchell, I don't honestly see where this criticism is coming from, I understand people have an opinion, but so far this season, he had a game against Barnoldswick in which he had not much of a challenge, Maine Road he had to switch to centre back to fit in a back 3, the same with late on last night, been the most consistent in our defence this season in my opinion.

Before anyone says to me "people are allowed their opinions, etc" I know this, just saying that most criticism is aimed at these two and is a tad unjust.

Last edited:
I agree Toddy and Steve. Alan you are always the first to come on with negative comments and attack players. We need to get behind them as 1 club. Not simply see the forum as an opportunity to have a go at the players, must be very disheartening to read when try have been to work all day, worked their socks off and then get abuse.

Think to sum up the game tonight one simple comment is enough for the players - well done!

No ones 'attacking' any players on here, far from it. Voicing opinions on players performances/sub standard performances are part and parcel of a forum and a football club. Did you fail to see him commending a number of players in the same post?

I appreciate they have to go to work and then play football, plenty of other players are doing it. It also doesn't give them immunity from fans commenting on their perceived effort and performance.

Matty Ward again sluggish and under-performing yet gets another full 90 minutes when clearly he is bereft of confidence. That last minute corner he took was abysmal, chasing the game, one last opportunity to get the ball in the box and he fails (yet again) to beat the first man. Surely a recognised CM in the middle rather than Ward/Saki alternating would be a better balance.
Conkie was a little shaky and, as mentioned in this thread, he should have controlled the situation leading up to the goal much better and claimed the ball, it looked like it was there for him to do that.

Saki was full of running and effort last night, he has to continue in the team in my opinion, Connor again pretty faultless. The praise for Woolley is spot again, he seems to be making that berth in front of the back four his own, another solid display.

Too many aimless balls fired up top and no one challenging for the second ball last night.

Full credit to AFC Liverpool, they did a number on us. If any of the other teams in our division have watched our last two games they will know all they have to do is press us all over the park and we seem to capitulate and lose our calmness. Both Maine Road and AFC Liverpool did this impeccably.

Anyway, back to winning ways this weekend hopefully, and back to the standard of football we played in the opening 2 games of the season!

No one said that pro-footballers don't take abysmal corners. Also you are quite right, it was Ward who took that corner, however the first man missed his header on the edge of the six yard box at the near post. So, he only just cleared the first man by either luck, miss-judgement on the defenders part, or from a well placed corner, you decide. It was actually Beadle's goal that kept us in the FA Cup, Ward contributed to it.

I remember many of the set pieces and for me, Connors takes a better corner. He takes them from the other side so until we have another left footer or Street wants an out-swinger, we are stuck with Ward on that side.

I thought Matty got better as the game went on. With us getting very narrow, it all gets a bit congested in the middle.
I'd like to see Saki wider, at times he went past their two midfielders easily but then was stopped by the centre halves.
Move him wider & then he can attack the full back and create more space for Matty & Woolley in the middle.

simple this management lark :)

Back