• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

A HELPING HAND

Toddy

Too much time on my hands
Aug 3, 2013
I notice on the Witton Forum WHS is writing a Book on the history of Witton and is asking for suggestions for a Title for it,maybe some of you could help.
Here's my suggestion from one of his own Quote's."THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS"

Green With Envy: Playing Second Fiddle on the Pitch

Witton Albion..as told by a fat bloke who knows f-all!!
Witton Albion....a team no one has heard off!
Witton albion....a team nearly in Northwich!.
Or my personal fav...
Witton Albion...a team for all seasons (and no one gives a to$$ about any of them!) :finger.

Hows the PR job going Blackie :D:bag . Doing well on this Forum seeing as Nobody as heard of them. more popular than your team :woot :egg.

Witton Albion..as told by a fat bloke who knows f-all!!
Witton Albion....a team no one has heard off!
Witton albion....a team nearly in Northwich!.
Or my personal fav...
Witton Albion...a team for all seasons (and no one gives a to$$ about any of them!) :finger.
Blackie if you ever write a book I've thought of a good name for it:

"Covering All Bases". The life and times of a modern day sports fan that supports multiple teams.

"100% Witton"

Referring to the percentage of our CVA we paid of course. With chapters entitled "0%" (for Vics CVA), "95%" for obvious reasons, "How we became the biggest non league club in the environs of Northwich" and "Where have those floodlights over the canal gone".....

All that and you can't get the date on your Stand or programme right.

Absolutely nothing wrong with our date, an historical reference to a "Witton Albion" from that date existed we believe our link is to that club and so We choose to be linked to that club and date in much the same way you are rather loosely and stupidly linked to the date 1874 !!!!!

I think you will find when WHS's book comes out it will have the correct date C.J,in fact I think he has already stated the correct date,which he got from Paul Lavell's book.Better still ask him on your forum and see what he say's,I bet you don't ask him,and insulting 1874 will not make your stand date right.

There you are the name for WHS book could be Putting The Record Right.

That will only be Alans View as it is yours a view only not a fact, however when the club looked into this years ago and concluded a club link to the game played and documented on October 26th 1887 in the name of Witton Albion and the club concluded to accept that date. Until the club changes its mind ( dont hold your breath ) then no date changes will be made. Now how about a new date for your club, historically correct and cannot be argued with or laughed at ! lets say 2012 that would seem to do : 2012 Northwich ( Technically should be Winsford of course )

CJ have you done any research on the subject,Paul Lavell has and proved with out doubt the fact's.I no you will not ask WHS on your forum because you don't want the fact's.The Witton Albion you support was formed in 1890 a few months after the Northwich Victoria of to-day was formed and I have copies of the paper cutting's from 1890 to prove both clubs date's of formation.Another fact that has been proved is you are not a Northwich team you also play out of town in Wincham.by the way 1874 don't claim to have be formed in 1874 we know when we were formed.

Lavell was a Vics fan and most of his work (with Colin Lynch another Vics fan ) was to prove the real age of Vics at the point of its supposed 125 years history and that is what He focused on and proved the club had not been continuous as claimed and confirmed the current club was formed in 1890, their is nothing proven (only doubts and assumptions ) about Witton Albion and whether We were linked to the 1887 club or the 1890 club that became more prominent as I said the clubs research and board accepted the link to the 1887 side and incorporated the date - no proof to the contrary only in your head it seems. We will re visit this when you revisit your link to the 1874 date.

Wow! 4 lots of bait and 3 catches......result! :D.
One was pretty poor though.....nothing original just the same old stuff.....disappointing yet again!! I'd chuck that one back!!

Last edited:
I will be very interested how WHS (little AL) in his forthcoming book will cover the jim rushe years.considering he did not attend any games at witton.two years ago he wrote."i will cease to give my support if the vics in any form are allowed to share our ground"he then relented this season with the quote "we know the money is dodgy but the end justifies the means" I hope alan does a warts and all history of witton but I guess they will try to gloss over the jim rushe years that all decent witton fans know brought the club into disrepute.perhaps an interview with chairman Mark Harris would make an interesting chapter,over to you Al

Put that about Paul to WHS and see what he say's CJ.

We have no need to bite on any of TBs trollop - just protecting our Town club from envious eyes oh it must Hurt so bad ! We are the only team in the town with anything going for them just a reminder you are just about nothing made up of :
No Ground =0
No History=0
No money ( enough to buy a bin )=0
Not in Northwich =0
all adds up to NOTHING Therefore nothing for us to worry about young Blackie
TB I dont need to consult anyone what I have said is true and you dont like it. UTA

CJ you are making a complete fool of yourself,with your lack of knowledge of the history of your club,and the insulting of well respected historian's who research their fact's.

Back