• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The Social Committee

Thank's Edge,we will debate it at the meeting.

Just to complicate matters further -the two teams in the envelope could be the winners & runners up instead of finalists

If for example the envelope contains England & Brazil then you'll also need a Brazil & England envelope so that doubles the numbers of envelopes to close on 2000!!!!

If there are 32 teams then there are 496 possible combinations of finalists. That should be do-able.

Thank's Edge,will need help with that,only went to Rudheath Secondary Modern.

Toddy, if each envelope contains the finalists - you will need 496 envelopes. It doesn't matter whether the final is Brazil v England or England v Brazil - that is the same thing.

32 teams.... so team 1 can play any of the other 31 teams.
Team 2 can play any of the next 30 teams (team 2 playing team 1 has been accounted for above)
Team 3 can play any of the next 29 teams (team 3 playing team 1 or 2 has been accounted for above)
....all the way down to team 1.

Number of envelopes = 31+30+29+28......+1 = 496

I reckon we could sell that many (I'd certainly buy more than one) but you're the best guy to work out how to make the best profit! :);)

...or if you want the named winner and runner-up then it's 992 envelopes.

(Edge, I think your 992 was for this so it doesn't need doubling).

Nicki thank's,after the meeting we will have decided the most profitable format for the competition.I thank you and Edge for your input.Anyone else with idea's for fun raising for OUR club will be very welcome.

So I do a Bonus Ball competition at work and it has been very successfull; basically once it has been set-up it is very easy to manage.. it would need someone to manage the weekly comms / pay out any winnings but is not a big overhead, but i have insisted it is all done through a dedicated online banking account (so it is auditable by any of the members), basically...

- £1 per week, paid by online banking will confirm your number and entry in the draw (at the start of the comp people can pick their number which will remain as their number as long as they pay in to the comp)
- 75% of the weekly entry money will be used as the prize fund, the remaining 25% will be saved in the online account and used as a donation at year end.
- If the number drawn from the Saturday night main Lottery drawn is not won, the prize will be ‘rolled over’ and added to the following weeks draw/prize fund until it is won.
- To make it fair to current members, new members cannot join and be eligible to win on a rollover week.
- The winning number will be the ‘Bonus Ball’ number drawn on the main Saturday National Lottery draw (this competition does not include mid-week / additional draws)
- A weekly update will be provided to all as soon as possible (normally a Monday morning) confirming the Bonus Ball number and winner.
- Any winnings will be paid by online banking direct to your account (again for ease and audit purposes)
- Members are not restricted to only one entry, if you want more numbers in the draw they are available at the same entry price of £1.
- If your number comes up and you have not paid your weekly entry money, then you are not eligible to win.

I restrict the number of entries to 39 (out of 49) to allow for rollovers (for example I run 2 of these comps and one is a 4 x rollover of £100 this week!) I have managed to donated £1000 this year to charity (after paying out the weekly winners)

Not sure if this is of interest, happy to talk someone through it if they wished.....

Simon I would be please to talk to you about it,is it possible you could come to the next meeting on 11-12-13?

Don't forget the meeting on Wednesday 7-30pm,all are welcome with their input,especially the under 40s.

I think 446 is well within our compass. If we have them on match days they will sell particularly when the Golden Goal tickets run out!!

Just make sure you buy envelopes that don't need licking!!!

Toddy,
I'm afraid i can't make tonight's supporters meeting, i couldn't move the previous engagement (without getting a load of ear ache and /or a divorce) I will happily chat you through the Bonus Ball competition at the next home game (will only take a couple of minutes, i can explain how its set-up and run) once it's set-up it's really easy to administer...

It will have to be at the start of the game as I already do the gate on match days....

We have decided to run a World Cup Composition,here is a rough idea how it will work.We will give the final details at a later date.
We will be selling sealed envelopes at £1 each,in each envelope there will be two teams named(example)England v Italy,if these two teams are in the final than that is the winning envelope.Also there will be a second prize for the 3rd and 4th placed teams (ie the two semi finalist)in that game.
The first prize will be £150.
The second prize will be £50.

I would like to wish all 1874 fans a very happy Christmas,from the Social Committee,also thank you all for supporting our fund raising and Social events.We are looking forward to arranging events in the new year.All the very best TODDY.

The next meeting of the Social Committee will be on 8-1-14 at Lostock Club at 7-30pm all are welcome.

Don't forget the meeting tonight all welcome.

Back