• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The Social Committee

The next Social Committee Meeting will be on 2-10-13 at Lostock club 7-30pm,all welcome,if you have any idea's on fund raising please come and put them forward.

There will be a meeting of The Social Committee on 30-10-13 at Lostock Club at 7-30pm,any fans with idea's for events in the future,will be very welcome,as will any other fans who wish to attend.

Just to remind you there is meeting of the committee tomorrow night at Lostock club 7-30pm.It is open to anyone to attend with ideas for events,maybe you Tinpot would like to attend with ideas of events we can put on for the younger fans(under 40s).

Meeting tonight Lostock Club 7-30pm,all welcome.

Matthew, we discussed the Christmas Doo,also arranging a Darts Match, Fans v Players in the near future.We are also thinking about a Wine Tasting evening sometime it the future.Thank's for asking Matthew if you or anyone else need more information,I am always at the games.

Forgot to mention we also talked about having a composition for the world cup,not sure how it will work yet(open to suggestions).

The 'Social Committee' is a really nice group of people, who are working hard for the club. When they meet, they bounce ideas around and have a laugh along the way. They are trying to strike a balance between arranging functions that will earn significant funds for the club, to smaller social gatherings that get fans and players together (bring on the darts...but watch where you are standing!). They are always grateful for new ideas or for people popping in and lending a hand. I would love to see some of our younger supporters giving their ideas on what they would like to happen.

Please feel free to come along to the next one, Toddy will let everyone know when that will be. :scarf:

Next meeting of the committee will be on Wednesday 20-11-13 at Lostock Club 7-30pm,anyone wishing to attend will be very welcome.

Don't forget the committee meeting tonight at Lostock Club,7-30pm,all welcome,anyone under 40 with new ideas?,please come along.We are always looking for new events to put on.

The next meeting of the committee will be on 11-12-13 at Lostock Club,starting at 7-30pm,all are welcome.We are hoping to run a World Cup competition,we would like advice on the best way to run it,if there is anyone with a good idea on this,you could come along with it or get in touch with myself or another member of the committee.What we are looking for is the best way to to get as many people with the chance to enter it,to make it a worthwhile competition.

Hi Toddy, I was involved in the last World Cup competition the Trust ran. I've have a root around and see if I've still got the details.
From memory it was predict every result, with guess the total number of goals as a tie break.

Thank's Edge,I will wait to here fromyou.

Not sure off hand how many teams will compete in the World Cup but having been involved with quite a few comps like this over the years I do know that it isn't appealing to many possible participants if they have to predict a lot of scores/results and even more so when all the later rounds are included e.g. Winner of group 1 v runner up of group 8 etc

But I do accept that some DO like to do the predicting so why not run two comps?

One way of raising money with such an event is so easy: do a raffle by selling envelopes at £2 a go with each envelope simply having the two finalists named ( the combinations are many and selling these should be easy - Toddy?)

I will bring both idea's up at the meeting,thank you both.Any other idea's?

I think there was an envelope one a few years ago - Phil B might remember - and each envelope contained the 2 teams for the final.
Not sure how many combos there are though, with 32 teams it might be too many.

Doe's anyone know how many combos there are?.

It might be 32x31 = 992

So maybe 2 envelopes for £1
£446 if all sold - 1st prize £200
2nd prize for 3rd/4th teams £50

Profit = £196

Can we sell 446?

Draw is Friday so that gives us roughly 6 months to sell them all so I reckon we could.

Last edited:
Back